Mechanical Engineer / Rotating Equipment Engineer / Mechanical Project Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 10 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To apply skills gained through education, training & experience in the field of Project Commissioning, Mechanical Maintenance & Reliability. Desires position with advancement based upon individual performance & achievement.
Qatar Petroleum Refinery (Qatar’s Only Refinery presently 100% Qatar Petroleum company, consisting of two Crude oil Refineries, a Condensate Refinery and RFCC Complex, with a processing capacity of 137,000 bbl/day) Duration : October 2000 till to date.
•A Mechanical Engineer with a Project design review, Commissioning, Start-up, Performance testing, Final Acceptance Certification (FAC), Mechanical Maintenance & Reliability background in the Petroleum Refining Industry with experience totalling 10+ years.
•Presently working as a Mechanical Engineer in Qatar Petroleum Refinery since October 2000. For the past five years I have principally been involved in the design review of Engineering Projects including scope of work & technical specifications, development and implementation of Mechanical Maintenance & Reliability Program for the Maintenance Department of Qatar Petroleum Refinery. Working closely with the various teams / departments of Organisation from Senior Management to the Employee level is the necessary part of my job.
•Skills include Troubleshooting of rotating equipment, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Life Cycle Costing Analysis (LCC), SAP R/3 CMMS Utilization, Commissioning Activities & Final Acceptance Certification (FAC) for New Projects, Upgrade investigation, Maintenance, Reliability & Lubrication Best Practices implementation, Equipment Criticality Analysis using RCM Turbo software, Risk Spares Analysis (RSA) using SOS (Spares Optimization System) package, Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Program, Review and audit of Maintenance Work Procedures.
•Significant achievements include Commissioning, Start-up & FAC for Condensate Refinery & RFCC Project, achieved cost saving through LCC analysis, Defect elimination program for Bad Actors equipment, Lubrication Consolidation, Redesigned & implemented Lubrication Storage, handling & dispensing practices, Implemented Onsite Oil Analysis CSI Minilab 5200, Modification & development of new Maintenance Work Procedures.
•Specific equipment worked on are, Atlas Copco, Elliott and Thermodyn Centrifugal Compressors, Kongsberg Gas Turbine, Mitsui, Worthington and Ingersoll Rand Reciprocating Compressors, KSB, DBUP Centrifugal Pumps, Griddle Stone and Sundyne vertical pumps, Nouva Pignone Fin Fans, Worthington Steam Turbines, Bran & Lubbe Metering pumps, Flowserve Mechanical Seals.
• B.E. (Mechanical) (A grade) in year 1995 from NED University of Engineering & Technology Karachi, Pakistan.
Softwares & Packages:
• SAP R/3 Version 4.6 Plant Maintenance and Material Management (CMMS) Software
• TapRoot Root Cause Tree & Snap Chart Troubleshooting Softwares
• CSI's Oil View Software
• CSI’s Motor View software.
• Lotus Notes Software, MS Word, Excel, Power Point
• RIS (Refinery Information System)
• Qatar Petroleum Intranet
• Primavera P3 Project Planner Software
• Snap View Software for Thermographic Infrared Analysis.
• Smart Draw Software
• SAP R/3 Version 4.6 Plant Maintenance and Material Management Training Module, conducted at Qatar Petroleum Refinery.
• Basic Supervision (Conducted by Arab Academy at Qatar Petroleum, Corporate Training Department)
• CSI's TriVector Oil Analyzer Minilab 5200 & Oil View Software for Proactive Maintenance.
• CSI’s Motor View Software for Motor fault diagnostics.
• SKF DI 2200 FFT Analyser Training.
• Laser Alignment Course (Combilaser Fixtur Laser) conducted at Doha, Qatar, by SKF South Africa.
• H2S / B.A (Breathing Apparatus) Awareness, Basic First Aid, Defensive Driving & Confined Space Entry Course, conducted at Qatar Petroleum, Safety Training department.
• Company Budgeting Course, at Qatar Petroleum, Corporate Training Department.
• B.E. (Mechanical) in year 1995 from NED University of Engineering & Technology Karachi, Pakistan.
• Nationality : Pakistani
• Marital Status: Married & having four children.
• Date of Birth: November 17th, 1970.
• Passport Issued at Doha, Qatar
• Driving License : Valid Driving License of Qatar till May 2006.
• Professional Affiliation: Lifetime member of Pakistan Engineering Council, licensed as Professional Engineer.
• Language Proficiency: Able to read, write and speak English & Urdu fluently.
• Hobbies / Interests: Particular interest in Physical Fitness exercises, Got 2nd position in Mr Karachi bodybuilding competition in the year 1994 / 1995. Reading Engineering magazines and Maintenance / Reliability tips emails
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment
Oil Field Services