Environmental Manager / Specialist
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To support Company in achievement of it's business goals in an environmentally friendly manner
• 20 years of experience in Environmental Sciences & Operator (Marathon Oil, Total, BP) Exploration and Production activities including International experience (Azerbaijan, Georgia & Turkey) covering license applications, deepwater exploration (seismic and drilling) activities, construction and production operations and platform decommissioning.
• Extensive experience with ISO14001, Environmental Impact Assessments, Ecological Surveys, Dispersion Modelling, auditing of Operations and Project sites, Contractor Compliance Plans, Operational Emissions Monitoring, Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions, Energy Efficiency Improvements, Corporate & Industry Emission Reporting & Benchmarking, Environmental Training, Sustainability Assessments & External Reports.
• Specialist skills include Ecological Monitoring & Surveys, Eco-toxicity studies, Produced Water Treatment Methods & Monitoring, Environmental impacts of drill cuttings / drill mud and selection of drill cuttings treatment methodologies, Waste Management in Emerging Areas with Little, or no Infrastructure, Radiation Protection.
• Experienced with Government and other Stakeholder consultation and negotiation regarding new activities in environmentally sensitive areas, gaining ESIA and permit approvals, development of new legislation and protocols to ensure compliance with International Standards.
• A confident leader and mentor. Very thorough and strategic thinker who is able to propose executable solutions to complex situations.
• Outcome focused, able to promote, influence and effectively sell new or challenging ideas.
• Chartered Status (Institute of Biology); Multilingual: Basic French and Russian.
- PhD, Marine Laboratory, Aberdeen, UK.
- 1987 Upper Second, BSc Joint Honours Degree Marine Biology & Biochemistry, Bangor, North Wales.
- OIM Regulations Course (OPITO)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Genesis Oil & Gas)
- Getting HSE Right in Projects
- Oil & Gas Processing Course (Genesis Oil & Gas)
- Media Training
- HSE Pollution Specialist Training
- Noise Management - Competent Persons Certificate
- COSHH, Manual Handling (OMS Limited)
- HAZOP Applied Hazard & Operability Study Course
- Offshore Survival & Medical
- Oil Spill Trajectory Modelling, OSIS (BMT)
- GIS software course
- Radiation Protection Supervisors Course & Refresher (Synetix / Aberdeen University)
1999 Advanced Environmental Management System Lead Auditor (EARA Approved)
1998 NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
1995 Oil Spill Clearance Course & Refresher (OSRL, Southampton, UK)
2003 – 2007: BP AZERBAIJAN
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER – EXISTING OPERATIONS, NEW PROJECTS & EXPLORATION (CASPIAN / BLACK SEA)
2001 – 2003: BP NORTH SEA
SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISOR - EAST OF SHETLAND BUSINESS UNIT – MAGNUS, THISTLE, NW HUTTON PLATFORM
- NORTH WEST HUTTON DECOMMISSIONING TEAM
1996 – 2001: TOTAL NORTH SEA - SENIOR ENVIRONMENTALIST
1993 – 1996
MARATHON OIL, ABERDEEN - ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISOR
1987 – 1993
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH – MARINE LABORATORY & ROWETT RESEARCH INSTITUTE, ABERDEEN
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services