Mechanical , Machinery , Project Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Domestically
Mechanical Engineering , Project Management , Rotating Equipment Engineer , Maintenance Engineering , Maintenance development
I am a profession engineer with a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Cairo University, M. Sc. in Mechanical Vibration of Rotating Equipments from Ain-Shams University, M.Sc. in design of gas turbines from Cranfield Institute of Technology, Bedford U.K.I have around 20 years of experience with major Engineering and Operating Companies in the field of O&G as Senior Mechanical Engineer and as Machinery Division Head in Egypt(Enppi) where preparation of major rotating equipments specification in accordance with O&G standards and selection, installation, commissioning of these equipments are mainly my responsibility as well as supervising team of Mechanical Engineers. On 1987 I have joined QGPC Offshore Operation as Rotating Equipment Engineer, my main duties were monitoring, supervising and controlling of different types of contracts for Maintenance of different types and sizes of rotating equipments (compressors, gas turbines, pumps, … ) from different suppliers. This includes also preparation of Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Routines, Condition Monitoring Routines, assessment of critical rotating equipment’s availability and reliability and as such preparation of the required plans for their improvements.Currently at QVC I am in charge of Maintenance Support Section, which includes Engineering, Inspection and Planning Subsections. Design, realization of a lot of plant modifications and handover to Operation Department are executed under Engineering, this includes deep involvements in preparation / review / approvals of conceptual & detailed designs, Equipment specification / bid evaluation / selection, Construction scheduling / supervision, Commissioning, Project documentation. Conversant with all aspects of: Contracting & Tendering, Bid Evaluation, Negotiations, Maintenance Management, Maintenance Philosophy, Policies & Procedures, Project Management and Coordination, Budget preparation, Expenditure monitoring and control, Material Management, Mechanical Engineering codes and standards for Oil& Gas Industries ( API, ASME, NACE, ) Equipment Specification & Evaluation, Machinery Condition Monitoring, Spare parts stocking policy and control, Preparation of shutdown plans.
May it is worth to mentioned also that I have started my career as a test engineer in Gas Turbine Factory in Egypt , and my main duty was evaluating turbine performance.
• B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering , ( Mechanical / Aeronautics ) , Cairo University , 1967 .
• M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering , ( Rotating equipment vibration analysis ) ,
Ain-Shams University , Cairo , 1976 .
• M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering , ( Gas turbine design ) , Cranfield Institute of Technology , Bedford , U.k. , 1979 .
1. Introduction to Management, Management for Engineers, Enppi 1983
2. Machinery Specification and Evaluation, Brown & Root, Houston, Texas, USA, 1984
3. Operation & Maintenance of Ruston Gas Turbines , Doha , on June 1988.
4. The Fifth Turbo machinery Maintenance Congress , U.K. , London , 1989
5. Maintenance & Operation of Demag Compressors , Doha , on Oct. 1991.
6. Engineering Project Management Course , Qatar University , on Jan. 1993.
7. Improving Reliability in Petroleum Refineries and Gas Plants conference , Houston , Texas , USA , Nov. 1993 .
8. Dry Gas Seal and Magnetic Bearing Conference , Canada , Novacorp , 1992
9. Internal Auditor Training Course by BVQI , Doha , 1996 .
10. Emergency Control Center , QVC , Sept. 2003.
11. Work Management Process Training course , Dubai , Oct. 2003.
12. Fault Identification ( HAZOP , FMEA ) Doha , May 2004
Wide engineering/construction experiences on various Engineering-Procurement-Installation-Construction and QA/QC of (EPIC) projects, and Plant Maintenance Support and Engineering Projects (15+ years). . Able to interact effectively with client, project management, project controls, procurement, Engineering, etc.
All aspects of Contracting, Maintenance Management, Maintenance Philosophy, Policies & Procedures, Project Management and Coordination, Budget preparation, Expenditure monitoring and control, Material Management, Spare Parts stocking policy and control, Planning, Preparation of S/D plans, thorough experience of Rotating and Static Equipment Design, Selection, Maintenance as well as familiar with most of Engineering codes for Oil & Gas Industries (API, ASME, ANSI, …), the requirements of plot plan, equipment layout, piping layout, pipe supports, piping codes and standards. Rotating Equipment design, standards, selection, maintenance, vibration condition monitoring / analysis and availability enhancement.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental