To work with world class engineering professional & become pioneer in the field of risk management by taking decision based on previous experience gained through exchange of knowledge.
• Preparation of Contract / Project Specific HSE Plan, Emergency Response Plan and Construction Environment Management Plan. • Monitoring implementation of HSE Plan and CEP through Weekly / Monthly reports from HSE Officer / Supervisor • Keeping in the project team updated with relevant QP-HSE requirements and emergency procedures. • Maintaining HSE statistics at project level. • Maintaining liaison with QP-HSE department. • Developing material for regular toolbox talks. • Ensuring compliance to Journey Management Plan • Participating in HSE-Meetings. • Advising procurement department on purchase of the right type of PPE and safety equipment. • Preparing Project HSE Plan, Construction Environment Management Plan, Comprehensive Risk Assessment & Mitigation Measures, Emergency Response Plan & Transport Management Plan. • Conducting safety audits, safety tours & safety inspection of work sites and industrial area to ensure safe working methods are adopted and adverse impact to health of people / public, safety of asset and environment is at ALARP level.
• Conducting Safety Training Observation Program for all construction personnel in order to promote safe working practices.
• Ensuring that all new employees are given job safety orientation & necessary training on initial posting and are made awareness of the hazards associated to their work & necessary control measures to bring the risk at ALARP.
• Creating safety awareness by conducting safety meetings, presentations, and open forum discussions.
• Advising to line management & Implementing the latest ACOP, specification, guidance note and latest statute related to HSE.
• Inspecting the work sites, correcting unsafe work practices / unsafe condition & reporting them.
• Investigating all incidents and accidents including near misses and keeping record of all incidents and accidents (finding) which have occurred at the site, also cascading the learning points during meetings.
• Checking that all equipment's, power tools and hand tools are in good condition, guarded and equipped with safety devices. Ensuring that faulty tools are withdrawn from site.
• Co-ordination with site employees to confirm that work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to people, environment, asset and reputation.
Academic & Professional qualifications:
a) Technical: • Diploma in Mechanical Engineering - from Mechanical Training Institute. b) Professional: • Diploma in industrial safety. • NEBOSH -UK certification. • H2S Awareness & escape • Basic Life Support ( first aid) • Accident , incident investigation & reporting • Occupational health Module from Occupational Training Institute, Oman • Safe Journey Management (Approved by Petroleum Development Oman) • Safety Training Observation Program (S.T.O.P.)
c) Auditing: Passed internal auditors course ISO 9001:2000 from American Bureau of Shipping.
National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from NEBOSH-UK
Professional Achievements: • Leading HSE team at EPIC contract, Qatar Petroleum Project at Doha, State of Qatar • Performed as HSE Advisor for 7000 Kilometers of main oil and main gas pipeline at Petroleum Development Oman operation. (Maintenance contract). • Performed as HSE Advisor for construction safety of Govt. Gas Plant in Oman an E.P.I C. Project. • Performed as Safety team leader of Hindustan Lever Limited (Subsidiary of Uni Lever of UK) on their Distilled fatty acid project at Goa, India. • Lead the Safety team for elF gas India (Subsidiary of TOTAL- FINA-ELF) for their LPG receiving, storage & bottling, terminal at Manglore, India, from Construction to Commissioning. • Safety team leader for DUPONT (The chemical giant of America) for their Herbicide facility at Boroda, India, from Construction to Commissioning.