Project control/contracts manager
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 20 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|To work in a dynamic organization; contributing my resources and experience in multi-disciplinary engineering and project management
• Summary - Over 32 years of experience in a diverse range of projects for Customers including Brunei Shell Petroleum / Esso / Singapore Refineries / Petroleum Development Oman / Aramco / Union Oil / Smorgon / ONGC India /PTTB/ Rosby Downs Gold and Uranium etc
• Contracts Management - Prepared and Managed various types of contracts like EPC, Turnkey, Lump Sum, Cost plus. Familiar with techno-legal terms and conditions, negotiation, cost control, change management.
• Project Management - Managed diverse range of projects spanning Offshore/Onshore in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical/ Utility industries.
• Planning - Multi-disciplinary Coordination prepared and managed detailed Level-4 schedules, making use of MS Project / Primavera P3. Regular preparation and compilation of management reports.
• Construction - Jacket/ platforms /Utility plants/ Skid mounted packages/ Pressure vessels/ Tanks/ Heat Exchangers/ Spheres/ Workshop structures/ Piping/ Hook-up and commissioning.
• Proposals - Responsible for preparation of proposals for projects involving Rigs/ Semi submersible/ FPSO/ Jacket/ Topsides / Utilities etc. Thereupon, follow through and negotiate with Customers.
• Engineering - Engineered Piping, Structures for Skid mounted packages in offshore/ onshore projects.
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
CONTRACTS / PLANNING /CONSTRUCTION / ERECTION / ENGINEERING
• Project co-ordination, Contact administration and Management for all the major EPC Contracts such as Boilers/ water treatment Plant/ Demin Plant/ Incinerator /RO. Plant /Steam System/Cooling water/Seawater and other utilities. In charge of all Warranty / Maintenance of Utility plant.
• Preparation of technical and commercial specifications, evaluation of tenders and finalization of contracts with contractors.
• Material planning and scheduling including the preparation of PERT, CPM, Bar chart, Resource loading & allocation / load forecasts / monitor /cost control etc.
• Bid preparation for offshore platforms /Process Platform/ living Quarters, FPSO, FPS, Rigs, Jack -up both repairs & new building.
• Constn of topside modules / jackets. Constructions of Pressure vessels, piping, skid mounted package,and workshop structures in CS, SS, Duplex and Clad steel.
• Prepn of technical and commercial specn, evaln of tenders and finalization of contracts with contractors
|• Master of Science from National University of Singapore (1998).
• Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Madras University, India (1981)
diploma in Mechanical Engineering(1974)
|Member of the Institute of Engineers, Australia and an Affiliate member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
• Attended many training courses, discussions and workshops on project management, legal issues related to contracts, cost and time management, MS Project etc.
|• SembCorp Utilities International Pte Ltd (SUT GULF OPERATION)
DUBAI – Fujairah-2006 July - Present
Project Controls Manager
SembCorp Utilities (SembUtilities), has entered into a joint venture with the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) to acquire the Fujairah-based Independent Water and Power Plant (IWPP).owned by SembUtilities through its subsidiary SembCorp Gulf Holding Co.
The project involves the acquisition of the existing Fujairah power and water facility which has a net generation capacity of 535 megawatts and desalination capacity of 100 million imperial gallons per day (MIGD) and an expansion of the generation capacity of the facility by a further 225 megawatts.The new-build expansion is expected to be operational in the first quarter of 2009
Sembawang Marine & Offshore Engineering Pte Ltd (SMOE),
Singapore 2005 Aug June 2006
Managed the Contracts with Client and Sub-contractors- TTB-Third transmission Pipeline project – TTB – Thailand. (Process Platform and living quarters)
Project value - U$ 120 Million.
Project Details: PTT/ PRP project is part of the Third Transmission Pipeline that will supply gas from adjoining fields in the Gulf of Thailand to the mainland.. The current platform has a Living quarter, metering station and control room for integrated operation of adjoining ERP platform.
Throughput = 190,000mmscfd; Dia inch = 75,000; Weight = 7,000 for topsides.