Electrical QMP Coordinator / Instrumentation Mechanic
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Looking for a career change. Would prefer a team environment to share my expertise with. Would like a challenging opportunity with room for growth and advancements.
Devon Canada Corporation. Feb 1990 – Present.
Presently hold the role of Electrical QMP coordinator for Foothills area, and looking after day to day maintenance of various electrical systems. I have taken the role of project lead for site work on larger scale projects with in my area. Support and maintain equipment associated with DCS, PLC’s, Scada, Process Analyzers, ESD system, and Compressor control packages. Provide coverage for instrumentation department as required. Step in to maintenance foreman roll to fill vacation coverage as required.
Present duties are:
- Electrical Quality Management Plan Coordinator.
- Maintenance and trouble shooting of the following systems.
- 4160/2400 volt switch gear.
- 480 volt distribution and MCC equipment.
- 120/208 volt distribution and panels.
- 24 VDC systems for DCS, PLC, Scada, and Plant ESD.
- 120 volt DC/AC UPS systems.
- Provide first line support for LAN with office IT department.
- Support and service VHF/UHF radio systems, fixed and portable.
- Maintenance and trouble shooting of Generators with reciprocating and turbine drivers.
Feb 1990 - July 2001
My duties included:
- Daily production reporting for gas and sulphur volumes.
- Calibration of accounting meters and plant instruments.
- Weekly gas sampling and reporting of analysis for production reports and gas nominations.
- Share in responsibilities of corrosion programs and maintenance of cathodic systems.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of both electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Worked with various online analyzers, AQM stations.
- Ups systems, back up generators.
- DCS and Scada systems.
- Maintenance and trouble shooting on compressor packages.
- Served as a member of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment committee.
- Have actively been involved in project lead roles.
Amelco Electric September 1985 – Mar 1990.
Was hired as an electrical apprentice September 1st, 1985. I was involved in electrical construction and maintenance of commercial installations. I am experienced in the installation and trouble shooting of fire alarm systems, various types of control work, service equipment, MCC centers and in reading layout plans of blue-prints.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology:
Presently hold Journeyman and Interprovincial certificates for Instrumentation apprenticeship program, since September 1998.
Journeyman and Interprovincial certificates for Electrical apprenticeship program, since August 1991.
Graduated from Western Canada High School, Calgary Alberta on June 23, 1983.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services