This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 9 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|To lead, train and direct a multicultural HSE team in the oil industry.
|United Enterprises, Oil and Gas Industrial Catering, Egypt
Behavioural SHEQ Coordinator, September 2000–October 2003
• Carried out regular safety, health, environment and quality inspections for Halliburton onshore compounds in the Gulf of Suez and western Sahara desert;
• Provided training on HSEQ, organisational culture and change management;
• Reported and followed-up on unsafe acts, recordable injuries and down time;
• Monitored Food Safety Processes onsite and work incidents investigation assistance;
• Contributed to the Risk Assessment Plan and checklist for gas pipes in the compound;
• Collaborated with local authorities in order to obtaining necessary certificates and licences;
• Promoted Safety Awareness, Behavioural Safety and the use of Leading Indicators;
• Handled Key Performance Indicators, recorded statistical data and monitored ongoing tasks;
• Participated in Halliburton’s safety seminars onsite and liaised with HO representatives;
• Attended daily Health Safety and Quality meetings with the Halliburton base manager.
Sadent, Dental Equipment, Greece,
Branch sales assistant and safety advisor, March 1995–February 1997
• Responsible to advise customers on Health and Safety features on dental equipment;
• Participated and organised Health and Safety toolbox talks for dentists;
• Conducted inspections of our equipment’s quality at the Dental University of Athens;
• Ensured all products were safely packaged for transit prior to leaving premises;
• Filed weekly progress reports to management and arranged safety demonstrations.
Telestet, First Greek GSM Provider
Marketing Analyst, March 1994–February 1995
• Segmented users in a meaningful way to guide the business and provide appropriate information to support the development of a customer relationship management strategy;
• Provided in-depth analysis of users or marketing activities in order to support active membership requirements and specific business questions by top management;
• Analysed the success of promotions and national campaigns;
In this sales based job, I came in contact Health and Safety officers from Telestet’s Head Office and soon became conscious of the importance behavioural safety had in the corporate realm. In search of my next job I had Health and Safety as my primary aim.
|PhD: Doctorate in Organisational Culture and Safety, University of Aberdeen, UK
MBA: Masters in Business Administration, University of Plymouth, UK
BSc: Bachelor of Science in Marketing, University of La Verne, Greece
PgDip: Postgraduate Diploma in Research Methods, University of Aberdeen, UK
|NEBOSH: General certificate in Occupational, Safety and Health, Petrofac Training, UK
|Teaching and research experience
University of Aberdeen, School of Management Studies, UK
Teaching and Doctoral Research in Behavioural Safety, Oct. 2003–Present
• Lectured current issues on Organisational Culture and Behavioural Safety;
• Gained practical and theoretical HSEQ experience in the oil industry;
• Collaborated with the Petroleum Department to present new management trends;
• Transferred theoretical skills such as safety, culture and teamwork to oil practitioners;
• Presented current HSEQ related themes in conferences within the UK and Europe;
• Delivered seminars and lectures for Masters student’s in Oil Engineering;
• Achieved organisational skills in managing longitudinal projects on behavioural safety.
1. November, 2006, Applied qualitative methods techniques: ethnography and its tools applied in the oil industry, Business Research Methods, University of Aberdeen
2. March 20 2006, Organisational theory and organisational culture in the oil industry, Hydrocarbon Enterprise MSc, University of Aberdeen
3. March 22 2006, Breaking boundaries in the oil industry: behavioural safety incorporated with effective teamwork, Hydrocarbon Enterprise MSc, University of Aberdeen
4. October 18 2005, The tricks of successful ethnography: the do’s and don’ts during fieldwork, Business Research Methods (fourth year), University of Aberdeen