petroleum data & information management specialist / consultant
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
operational and consultancy experience in strategic information systems planning , technical records managing and data basing & information integration systems designing , in compliance with E&P Data Management industry standards e.g. POSC .
Conducted several projects for establishing and operating Petroleum Information & GeoData Centers, developing and implementing QA/QC Procedures for E&P digital and non-digital data pre-processing & population. Defined scope of works and controlled relevant projects` tendering, bids evaluation, contracting and execution monitoring / auditing / reporting for National & Multi-National Companies in Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
· Involved in data modeling / mapping and managing of E&P Multi-Disciplinary Data Bases ; Master , Digital Data Archiving , and Data Assets Indexing & EDMS Imaging Databases , e.g. ,GeoQuest`s “ Finder ” & its modules : “ LogDB “ , “ SeisDB “ EDM “ and “AssetDB “ and Kestrel`s InSight & DataLink , and CGG`s PetroVision and C-Image .
· Planned and designed functional layouts, and determined technical requirements & specifications for constructing / renovating of secured records storage facilities and new buildings of Petroleum Information Centers and National Repositories.
· Managed / organized Data Rooms, for Open Acreages Bid Rounds.
· Visited , communicated , coordinated with senior personnel of major Oil & Gas companies and concerned vendors / consultants e.g. Mobil / Exxon , Chevron , BP, Pennzoil ,Arco ,Conoco , Philips , Elf , Schlumberger , LandMarks ,CGG , DPTS , Robertson , Petroconsultants , Univ. of Tulsa , Britannia Storage , Kestrel , etc
B. A in Information & Library Sciences, Cairo University, 1964.
* Advanced Studies in” Information Systems Analysis & Data Base Construction”, Cairo Univ., Higher Institute of Statistical Studies & Computer Sciences, 1972.
* Various courses / workshops in Management and IT Systems and Applications
· * Orientation Program on “ PETROVISION “ Master Data Base systems, by CGG to manage and pre-process seismic and well log digital data, QGPC , Doha , 2000
· * courses on Multi-disciplinary Master Database ; i.e. “ FINDER “ and “ AssetDB” , “LogDB” , “SeisDB” and “EDM” organized by Schlumberger / GeoQuest , in Dallas and Doha , Sept.1999 .
· * Courses on “Seismic Digital Tapes & supporting documents Managing and Pre-processing , maintenance / storing / controlling and inventory, etc.” organized by DPTS (UK) sponsored by ADNOC , 1987
· * “ Advanced Studies on Information Sciences, Technical Documentation & and Systems Analysis and Database Design : Computer Center, Cairo University, Egypt, 1972 )
· Mepco-Egypt ; E&P Data Management , Director / Consultant ( present )
· Qatar General Petroleum Corp. ( QGPC ) ; Corporate E&P Records Management and Multi-disciplinary Data Base, Project Leader & DM Coordinator ( 1993 – 2000 )
· Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) ; Corporate E&P Information Center , Coordinator and ADNOC GeoData Center , Project Controller /Consultant (1987-93)
· CONOCO–Egypt Geological & Geophysical Data Center , Coordinator ( 1987)
· Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. ( ADNOC ) ; Corporate Technical Library & Documentation Center , Coordinator ( 1981 – 1986 )
· Ministry of Oil , Kuwait ; Technical Information Center , Senior Petroleum Data Specialist ( special contract for experts ) ( 1978 – 1981 )
· King Abdul Aziz University , Jeddah , Saudi Arabia ; Central Library , Technical References Specialist ( 1977 )
· Libraries Dept. , Kuwait ; Audio-visual & Special Media , Chief Librarian ( 1974 )
· Egyptian National Library , Cairo ; Technical Collections , Chief Librarian ( 1973 )
· Academy of Arts , Cairo , Chief Librarian ( 1965 – 1972 )
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental