This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 4 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|To work on Sustainability/Environmental related projects and hence make substantial contribution to my present academic goals
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (Petroleum Refinery) Aug 2004- June 2006
ISO 9002, ISO14001 certified
Position - Operations Officer -Chemical
• Commissioning and operations (Shift in charge) of Crude distillation Unit.
• Job involved the day to day activities of the plant as well as independently solving process problems involving plant.
• Handled emergency situations.
• Detailed knowledge on all refinery product specifications and its significance.
• Worked towards minimization of energy losses of refinery fuel gas, fuel oil and flaring control as well as product optimization subjecting to product specification and industrial safety and safe practices
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (Refinery) Nov 2003- Aug 2004
• Monitored the operations of Effluent and Tertiary Treatment Plants and gained an in depth knowledge of environmental management systems
• The plant involved the use of reverse osmosis and ZIMPRO - design of Wet Air Regeneration and Powdered Activated carbon treatment.
• Prepared daily activities and worked towards environmental and ISO audits.
• Chosen by the organization to work with scientist at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre- (One of the leading research centre in India) and University Institute of Chemical Technology in a project to make changes to tertiary treatment plant and contributed on independent set of ideas
• Commissioning of Demineralization plant (Ion-exchange method).
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (Refinery) Aug 2002- Nov 2003
• Underwent training in the utilities department of the refinery.
• Obtained a thorough knowledge on the working of Gas turbines, Co-generation Heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), High efficiency Boilers (95%), Demineralization plant and Fuel oil systems.
• Checking the efficiencies of the Thermal systems of gas turbines and Boilers
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (Refinery) Aug 2001- Aug 2002
• Attended field visits and fair knowledge on the working of various units (Fluidized catalytic cracking unit, Aromatic recovery unit, Catalytic reforming unit, Dehydro Desulphurization unit, and Sulphur recovery unit) within the organization.
Masters in corporate environmental and sustainability Management
• Awarded Monash International scholarship for Excellence.
a, Sustainability Measurement- Distinction
b, Corporate Environmental Responsibility (Law)-Distinction
c, Frontiers in sustainability and environment- Distinction
d, Art and business of International Development-Distinction
Subjects taken a, Project Management
(Second semester) b, Corporate sustainability management
c, Perspectives in Environment and Sustainability
d, Introduction to Economics
National Institute of Technology, Trichy – India,April 2001
Bachelor of Technology (Honors) degree in chemical engineering
|Successfully completed 5-Day Advanced Lead Assessor Course for ISO 14000 Environmental Management System