This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
A highly qualified and experienced Marine Manager and Port Superintendent who specialises in the safe and efficient operation of all types of tugs and supply vessels used within the offshore oil industry and terminal towage.
2008-date TIDEWATER MARINE / CHEVRON NIGERIA LTD, ESCRAVOS, NIGERIA
• Managing the operational marine base and staff on behalf of Tidewater as well as operating seven vessels and crews on charter to Chevron (3 DP Vessels).
• Informing the Operations Manager of vessel status and providing a first point of contact for the charterer on all matters
• Maintaining base and onboard safety and operational standards and ensuring the highest possible standards of housekeeping
• Fully accountable for ensuring compliance with both local and client regulations and requirements
• Reporting on all marine and offshore matters to the Chevron Operations Superintendent including those relating to the operation of the base, vessels, safety and security
• Ensuring full compliance with safety policies and operating procedures and maintaining high standards of housekeeping
• Planning and conducting on and off hire surveys and inspections and completing internal audits of all vessels
2007-2008 SAIPEM/ERSAI CASPIAN PROJECT, KURYK BASE, KAZAKHSTAN
Port Captain – Marine Manager
• Solely responsible for the entire marine operation of Kuryk Base including optimising quayside, mooring gangs and stevedores and controlling navigational requirements in accordance with port limits
• Overseeing all marine works, dredging, quay extension and building of port breakwaters and controlling vessel rotation in conjunction with onshore and offshore logistics
• Fully accountable for the security of the port and for the safety of all staff and vessels whilst ensuring compliance with Kazakhstan regulations
• Liaising directly with customs, immigration and security and providing a first point of contact for all marine companies on charter to Saipem/Ersai in Kuryk
2006-2007 LUBA FREEPORT, EQUATORIAL GUINEA
Port Operations Superintendent
• Responsible for the management of a busy offshore support base and playing a key role in optimising quayside usage and berthing rotations through the pre-planning of material load outs, loading and discharging of vessels
• Providing management and support to 10 expatriate staff and more than 60 national workers and allocating daily stevedore tasks.
Southfields Secondary Modern. Gravesend. Kent.
Lowestoft Marine College.
Oil Treating & Refining
Metal Pressure Vessels
Computer Hardware, Electronics
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Ecological & Environmental