QA / QC Engineer, QA/QC Manager, QA/QC Supervisor
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 30 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Occupy a position where my work experience and qualification can be utilized for the mutual benefit of self and employer.
I have over thirty years QA/QC experience gained on major oil & gas projects worldwide. I have experience of working on LNG Export Terminals and Re-gasification Terminals, Refineries, Pipelines and Power Plant.
I am presently employed a Mechanical Integrity Specialist for a leading energy company in the USA –Williams Midstream. My current responsibility includes maintaining the Mechanical Integrity Programme for all of the gas processing facilities in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Kansas.
Previously I was on assignment in in Belgium for Bechtel Corporation performing Supplier Quality Representation on the MOTIVA Crude Expansion Project. During this assignment I performed complete QA/QC oversight throughout the fabrication of two Coke Drums and one Vacuum Column & HVU Transfer Lines.
Other assignments have included appointment as a Senior Inspector for Leighton/TKK Joint Venture during the construction of four 9% Nickel Steel Cryogenic Storage Tanks and associated plant for Woodside Petroleum in Western Australia.
I was also the Project Management QA/QC Coordinator on the DEPA Natural Gas Project in Greece, which involved the construction of 1500 km of main pipeline, 26 Metering & Regulating Stations and an LNG Re-gasification Terminal.
I have worked in a QA/QC capacity on several refineries in the UK for Texaco, Shell and Esso.
I have offshore experience having worked on platforms in the North Sea, UK and Tasman Sea, New Zealand.
I am an AWS Senior Certified Welding Inspector (SCWI), AWS Certified Welding Supervisor (CWS), American Petroleum Institute Certified Piping Inspector API 570, API Pressure Vessel Inspector API 510, & API Above Ground Storage Tank Inspector API 653; AWS Certified Radiographic Interpreter, American Society for Quality (ASQ) Mechanical Inspector, ACCP Level II Visual Inspector, (General Industry & Pressure Equipment), ASNT Level II in MT & PT. Current 40 Hour HAZWOPER Certificate and DOE Rad-worker II qualified. I also hold a diploma in Welding Technology issued by the City and Guilds of London Institute.
I have extensive vendor inspection experience and have successfully expedited several major capital equipment orders to meet the project schedule. I have dual citizenship, United Kingdom and New Zealand and am legal resident of the USA since 1991.
High School in UK. 4 years of Technical College during apprenticeship, (City & Guilds Welding Technology)
Attended many Industry Courses and obtained Certification, API, ASQ, AWS etc.
AWS Senior Certified Welding Inspector (SCWI, CWS Certified Welding Supervisor. Certified Rad Interpreter, AWS Endorsement ASME IX, B31.1 & B31.3
American Society for Quality, Certified Mechanical Inspector (CMI) Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
American Petroleum Certified Inspector API 570, API 510; API 653; API 577 API 580
ACCP Level II Inspector VT Pressure Vessel Endorsement and Remote Inspection Methods (Borescope)
City & Guilds of London Institute Certificate Welding Technology
Australian Welding Institute Certified Welding Inspector
CWSIP Welding Inspector (Expired)
British Gas Front End Welding Inspector (Expired)
· Extensive experience in Quality Control and Welding Inspection on major oil & gas installations and power generation plants worldwide.
· Successfully completed overseas construction contracts on LNG Plant (9% Nickel Steel Cryogenic Tanks & Associated Facilities), Petro-Chem Plant, Fossil Fuel Power Plant, Pipeline Construction, Offshore Installations, Nuclear Construction, Pharmaceutical Industry & Shipbuilding.
· Acquired a broad experience which has been achieved in a demanding and challenging work environment where I have developed the following attributes:
· Comprehensive knowledge of QC Procedures, welding processes, and NDT Procedures / Methods.
· Fully conversant with the implementation of international codes and standards.
· Able to evaluate/audit contractor’s /supplier’s quality systems and quality plans.
· Experienced vendor inspector and expediter.
· Effective communicator at all levels, both written and oral.
· Solid team player, equally effective in leadership or in supporting role.
· Good working knowledge of the Portuguese language, (Written and
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Health, Safety and Environment