This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 15 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Lab manager in petrochemical or lab supervisor in oil and gas industries
1. 1988 - 1994 : Lecturer for Faculty of Science of Lampung University, South of Sumatra
2. 1991 – 1996 : Lab Supervisor of Styrene Monomer Plant; Located Merak Petrochemical Center, Banten, Indonesia; Share. Main Instrument; GC (FID, TCD Detector), UV, Sulfur and Chorine Analyses (Coulometry method), AAS and IR.
3. 1996 - Now : Lab Supervisor of worldwide class PTA Plant, Located Cilegon
Petrochemical Center, Banten, Indonesia, Share Holder; BP Chemical Company. Main Instrument; GC (FID & TCD Detector), UV, XRF, ICP, CE, Coulter for PSD, analyses, Color Scanner, TOC, and other general instruments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
a. Selected appropriate lab instrument to support analytical procedure.
b. Set up lab instrument, analytical procedure and performing lab test.
c. Bears joint responsibility with all other plant personnel for ensuring a safe and environmentally-sound plant work environment.
d. Recruits, trains, supervise, and evaluate the lab staff within the supervisor’s area of responsibility.
e. Develops and controls the Laboratory operating budget.
f. Develops, implements, and oversees to ensure that the Laboratory equipment is operated and maintained to ensure uninterrupted service, maximize analysis accuracy and calibration, and then maintain with SPC.
g. Checks the proper operation and accurate calibration of all testing equipment's reports the faults and make the necessary corrections.
h. Ensures that all analytical procedures are thoroughly documented and updated as necessary.
i. Partners with all plant and selected general office personnel in providing technical assistance effectively and efficiently to solve plant problems.
j. Develops, implements, and oversees systems to maintain the necessary inventory of reagents, supplies, and spare parts. Checks the preparation of standard laboratory solutions to ensure that the preparation procedure and technique are properly applies.
k. Assists the Marketing in resolving customer complaints, support Marketing during customer visits, if required.
1. In house training: Mitsui Petrochemical: Basic engineering Styrene Monomer Plant: Indonesia.
2. Toyo Engineering Company: Styrene Monomer plant process: Tokyo, Japan.
3. Mitsubishi Plant: Styrene Monomer Plant: Chiba, Japan.
4. Shimadzu Instrument (GC,UV, TOC, ICP, AAS,ICP): Kiyoto, Japan.
5. Monsanto & ABB Lummus: Styrene Monomer “Laboratory and Process” : Houston, Texas, USA.
6. Box Hill Institute, Basic Training for Laboratory, Jakarta.
7. BP Amoco Chemical Company: PTA Plant “Laboratory and Process”, Decatur, Alabama, USA.
8. Waters: Capillary Electrophoreses: Singapore.
9. Study assessment for AMI’s lab improvement at Mitsui Chemical Industries Iwakuni Plant, Japan.
10. Modern safety management conducted by DNV, Jakarta
11. Agilents Capillary Electrophoreses, Installation and Application, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia. 2003
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement