Resume for Infrastructure Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 16 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|Infrastructure development manager in the oil and gas field. A role allowing me to use my wide technical and managerial knowledge to produce the most economically efficient, safe and environmentally sound oil and gas infrastrucure.
|Genesis Consultants, London, November 2006 – date
• Developed master plans and capability and operational cost estimates for Greenfield hydrocarbon developments.
Saipem spa, London, August 2005 - November 2006
Technical Lead on Department of Trade and Industry Wind Energy Cost Model
• Conducted capital and operational cost analysis for wind energy projects to quantify the most important cost drivers and identify the important limitations to further growth.
Judge Business School Cambridge, Consulting Projects, October 2004 – August 2005
• Created a process for measuring and improving the performance of a large firm of consulting engineers in the growing market for “Green” buildings.
• Analysed successful technology firms’ growth strategies to enable a Government agency to identify ways technology firms may be supported to realise their potential.
Saipem spa., Milan and Paris, June 2001 - October 2004
Quality and Systems Project Engineer on ERHA Project
• Devised a quality system for integrating partner firm from an emerging market country into an international consortium project to achieve project quality and local content aims.
Project Engineer on Rosa-Lirio Riser Project
• Developed the installation procedure and specified the performance requirements in design, fabrication and installation for the world’s longest top-tensioned riser system.
Whitby Bird Partners, London, UK, June1999 –June 2001
Development of Façade Engineering Department
• Developed an information system on façade materials (glass, stainless steel and non-ferrous metals) and design against thermal and wind effects to enable inexperienced engineers in the new department to successfully design complex façades.
Kellogg Brown and Brown, London, UK, June1993 –June 1999
Analysis and Development Engineer
Development of Integrated Engineering Software
• Liaised between researchers and practitioners in hydro-dynamics and structural mechanics in a joint venture to develop practical software for designing complex shell and plate structures against fluid load.
Asset Valuation and Optimisation
• Performed valuations of the facilities owned by major public utilities involving physical and desk surveys of asset capability, modelling performance and creating plans for increasing value.
|• University of Cambridge MPhil Technology Policy, 2005
• Imperial College, London MSc/DIC Structural Steel Design, 1993
• Imperial College, London BEng Civil and Environmental Engineering, 1991
|• Registered Professional Engineer and member of the Institution of Structural Engineers and Energy Institute in the United Kingdom.
|• With fifteen years of increasingly responsible positions in engineering around the world including more than five years in technical management, I am now looking for new opportunities in engineering management and project engineering in Dubai’s infrastructure industry.
• Demonstrable capability to deliver successful small and large-scale projects from initial client consultation to commissioning involving a wide range of infrastructure.
• Proven abilities in building design team expertise and implementing successful adaptation to changing technological and competitive environments.
• Solid communication skills developed in creating company and industry-wide standards and policies and running and presenting research programmes.
• Particular strengths in tall, long-span and geometrically complex structures in all engineering materials.
• Wide experience in the use of numerical methods to manage project and asset risk and to analyse variable loading. Reviewer of papers for the professional journal The Structural Engineer.