Plant Engineer/Shift Engineer/Process Engineer/Chemical Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 16 years
Relocation: Yes - Domestically
Operation of the Ammonia/CO2/Natural Gas/Petrolium By-Product Plant Operation
From September 2, 2006 to June 21, 2007 as a Senior Shift Engineer,
From September 11, 1999 to September 1, 2006 as a Junior Shift Engineer,
From April 4, 1994 to September 10, 1999 as a Senior Operator, and
From May 21, 1982 to April 3, 1994 as a Junior Operator at the Gujarat State Fertilizer and Chemicals Company Limited, Vadodara, Gujarat State, India.
As a Junior and Senior Shift Engineer (September 11, 1999 to June 21, 2007):
• Daily operation of the Ammonia Plant that produce 1350 metric-ton per day (MTPD) ammonia.
• Daily operation of the Utility Plant which includes 20,000 cubic meter per hour Cooling Tower, 21 Megawatt Power Generation Unit, high pressure Boiler System and Demineralization Plant.
• Operation included Process optimization, troubleshooting and implementation of necessary modification/schemes.
• Handling plant emergency, start-up and shut down activities.
• Regular technical evaluation and report preparation of deviation of process parameters, catalysts performance, and machineries.
• Participated in a core Technical Team for evaluation of increasing the production capacity from1350 MTPD to 1500 MTPD. This included preparation of feasibility report, identification of bottlenecks/limiting capacity of various equipments/machineries in use, and prepared modification report.
• Pre-commisioning and commissioning of the Pre-desulfurisation Unit (manufactured by Imperical Chemical Industry (ICI)) by utilization sour naphtha as feed stock. Responsible for pre-commissioning /commissioning new Polish Water Unit for boiler feed water system of Ammonia Plant.
Page 1 of 2
As a Junior and Senior Operator (May 21, 1982 to September 10, 1999):
• Daily start-up, check-up, preparation of the report on the operational parameters and shut-down activities for the cooling water pumps, compressors, heat-exchangers, and boilers used for the Ammonia Plant.
• Reporting of the major operational and/or mechanical problems at the stated equipments to the higher level to avoid major damage/shut-down.
• Performed routine recommended maintenance to the stated equipments for
• Ordering, recording and stocking of the raw materials such as catalysts, perlites, naphtha etc.
B. S. in Chemistry from Sardar Patel University, Gujarat State, India (1981).
Work experience certificate will be given upon request.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment
Oil Field Services