Senior Oilfield Chemist/Senior production chemist
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Participates in selection of chemicals for both corrosion control and crude oil/water injection.
Provide advice on chemicals & protection measures, to ensure the optimum treatment of potential and existing corrosion.
20 years of experience at Gulf of Suez Petroleum Company, the joint venture partner with BP in Egypt.Hold Master degree in oilfield MIC problems as well as Ph. D. degree in corrosion inhibition with a good understanding/background in oilfield corrosion problems. Proven HSE competencies acquired from BP operation at Ras Shukheir district on the Gulf of Suez. Lead Laboratories team to deliver high quality services for Ras Shukheir operation either off-shore (W.I. Lines, producing wells, Crude Oil export pipelines, Turbines "Lube Oil quality and H2S at suction Modules") or on-shore (RO units, potable water distribution system, Water injection plants, Oil Treating plant and wastewater treatment plant)
* Potable water treatment and quality (RO and distribution systems)
* Water treatment prior to injection
* Level of souring and sweetness in the gas associated with the produced fluid
* QC of Different stages of crude oil treatment/export plant
* Water injection lines (chemical corrosion and MIC problems)
* Oil exporting lines chemical injection and corrosion problems – Member of process
* Oil exporting lines scale problems management – Member of scale management team
* Coaching, behaviors development and team leadership
* Communications skills with multi-cultural and multi-discipline teams
* Self-starter with the ability to achieve goals without supervision
* Ability to work under pressure and stressing condition
* Ability to coach subordinates including technicians
- I have a BS degree in Chemistry from Ain-Shams College (1985) with a major grade (very good).
- I have also completed a master studies (MS degree) in microbial corrosion. The Thesis Title is "Characterization of Microbiologically
Induced Corrosion (MIC) in Oilfield Pipelines".
- Ph.D. degree in Physical/Electrochemistry. The Thesis title is “ Studies on the Corrosion Inhibition of mild steel in aqueous solutions”
•Comply with HSE policy, improve safety culture and performance to achieve accident Free workplace.
.Participates in inspection of Gupco’s R/Sh facilities to provide adequate advise on corrosion matters, especially MIC problems.
•Participates in the bid selection process “technically” to ensure regular and corrective anticorrosion maintenance.
•Monitor implementation of work against plan, ensuring priorities are being
•Ensure all team personnel are assessed to demonstrate competence appropriate to their duties and tasks.
•Encourage and promote effective teamwork and empowerment to maximize individual and team performance.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Health, Safety and Environment