QA/QC Inspector/Engineer, Welding or Coating
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 4 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Experience in fabrication yards in welding inspection as a QA/QC Inspector, covering all methods of structural and piping fabrication, inspection and erection for onshore, offshore and related facilities.
Employment Period : February 06 - Present
Employer : PT. McDermott Indonesia
Position : QA/QC Inspector
Location : McDermott’s Fabrication Yard - Batam
1. Physically check received material according to GRN, PO and client specification.
2. Ensure OS&D report is raised and quarantine the material for non-conformance with PO and specification requirements.
3. Verify material certificates, initiate the material certificate review card (MCR) and ensure the material unique identity is transferred onto the material prior to cut.
4. Monitor welder qualification test.
5. Review and familiarize with project AFC drawing, shop drawing, NDT drawing, ITP, work instruction and project specification.
6. Verify approved WPS, welders, welding operator and tacker.
7. Verify material as per AFC or shop drawing, record the material traceability numbers and submit progressively to QA/QC documentation for inclusion in certification final dossier.
8. Check and ensure consumable handling, storage and treatments are properly done as per recommendation.
9. Check joint fit up as per AFC or shop drawing and ensure compliance with project specification.
10. Monitor in process welding and confirm welder qualification, WPS, consumable, etc. to ensure compliance with specification requirements.
11. Maintain records of all relevant inspection activities and outstanding works.
12. Visually inspect completed weld and surrounding area for compliance.
13. Complete CIR upon visual acceptance of weld, submit the CIR to QA/QC certification to input in PCM and schedule for NDT if required.
14. Ensure NDT requirement is covered and acceptable.
15. Liaise with Client Representative ensuring product conformity and stage release for each activity.
16. Generate inspection stage release notes. Ensure all relevant documents associated to the inspection release were completed and all outstanding works are documented and noted within an attached punch list for each inspection stage release note.
17. Maintain the log book daily.
Project Assigned :
• Su Tu Vang Project - CPP Decks Fabrication.
• North Belut Project - CPP Topsides Construction.
• NWS LNG Phase V Expansion Project - 75 Woodside’s LNG Modules.
• Arthit Project - PTTEP Arthit Field Development Central Facilities.
• West Berani - Pontoon Project.
1996 - 2001 : Bachelor’s Degree (S1) in Mechanical Engineering, Pasundan
1993 - 1996 : Physics (A1) Study Program, SMA Negeri 5, Bandung.
1. CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector certified by TWI UK (Cert. No. 30164).
2. B4T Welding Inspector certified by B4T Bandung (Cert. No. 1004.12.53.1290).
3. Coating Inspector certified by DISNAKER, APITINDO, and IKBAL (Cert. No. 023/CI-III/V/2007).
4. ASNT MT/PT Level II certified by McDermott’s ASNT NDT Level III (Cert. No. MT-011/PT-011).
5. AutoCAD Level I certified by Autodesk Authorized Training Centre – ITB (Cert. No. 16649).
Jan 24, 08 : Confined Space Entry & PTW Training (IKS)
Sep - Oct 07 : Inspector Proficiency Certification Training Program (McDermott)
Aug 6 - 11, 07 : CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector Training TWI
Apr 11 - 14, 07 : Magnetic Particle & Liquid Penetrant Test Training (McDermott)
Dec 06 - May 07 : Coating Inspector Course (IKBAL)
Feb - Aug 06 : QC Inspector Training Program (McDermott)
May 24, 06 : Hardness Checking Using Equotip Training (McDermott)
Jul 13 - Oct 14, 04 : B4T Welding Inspector Training Course (B4T)
Aug 01 - May 02 : English Course (LC-ITB)
Sep 12 - Oct 3, 01 : AutoCAD Level I Course (ATC-ITB)
Sep 20 - 22, 01 : Engineering Materials Seminar & Exhibition (ITB)
Oct 9, 99 : Metal Fatigue & Structure Training (STTM)
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement