radio officer/radio operator on offshore/onshore oil rig
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
to be a successful radio officer/radio operator on the oil rig
33 years of practical experience in the field of communication, out of which 10 years onboard various naval ships and coast stations, 5 years in the oil field (offshore and onshore drilling rigs) and for the past 18 years working as a radio operator onboard royal yacht “al said” (government vessel of sultanate of oman). been responsible for exchanging radio traffics with ship stations, coast stations, oil rigs and helicopters and day to day maintenance of the radio equipment which encompasses the following:
• operation of terrestrial & satellite communication system (telex,
telephone and facsimile), radio telex, radio telephony modes of
• tune and operate transmitters and receivers operating on mf, hf, vhf
and uhf bands and other associated equipment such as direction finder,
auto-alarm, aero vhf, telex/teleprinter etc.
• operation of pabx, mobile telephone, weather fax and telefax.
• secretariat job including typing and maintenance of files.
• receiving and transmitting morse codes at 22 words per minute using
• reception of messages from warships/merchant ships at sea and
transmitting the same to bombay radio (commercial).
1. professionally trained as “radio operator” from indian navy.
2. gmdss (goc) – u.k.
3. helicopter underwater escape training (huet)
4. personal survival technique (pst)
5. proficiency in survival craft & rescue boats (pscrb)
6. personal safety and social responsibilities (pssr)
7. fire prevention and fire fighting (fpff)
8. elementary first aid (efa)
9. industrial security, fire, safety and first aid.
10. working knowledge in computer.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services