This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 18 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Any “Finance” “Accounting” and/or “Contracts Administration” position, which may arise that will allow me to combine my employment and educational background to make a solid contribution within an organization.
2004 - Present Independent Financial Consultant Caracas, Venezuela
Financial Consulting Services to assist businesses and individuals with investment decisions, financial analysis, bid process, risk & insurance, and process improvement.
1989 – 2003 PETROLEOS DE VENEZUELA, S.A. (PDVSA) Caracas, Venezuela.
Finance Supervisor at Venezuela’s state-owned Oil & Gas Company.
• Economic evaluation of investment projects to ascertain the financial viability, and selection of best alternatives in terms of profits and costs.
• Support to tender documents review & bid evaluation process, amendments to existing contracts, contract clarifications, verification of contractual payments, control of projects interests with necessary bonds, warrantees, and insurances, evaluation of contractors, and close out activities.
• Development of methodologies to evaluate the financial and technical capacity of contractors to carry out civil works.
• Management of annual operating and capital budgets, forecast analysis, monitoring, and reporting of deviations along with recommended corrective actions.
• Forecasting, analysis and monitoring of cash flows based on cash requirements, short-term investments and borrowings.
• Identification and assessment of operational risks, and development of insurance strategies to mitigate and fund the exposures, which resulted in premium savings from 10 to 20% annually.
• Claim management of property & casualty incidents reducing the time recovery ratio by 3 months.
• Improvement of process performance through the identification of weaknesses and process redesign, which reduced the task completion time in average by 30%.
• Analysis of monthly financial statements and report of management information regarding business performance with explanation of variances identified.
• Support auditors’ requests regarding Finance issues.
• Risk management support to Project Management team to control risks inherent with projects, which cut down the insurance costs by 40% over a two-year period.
1988 – 1989 SEGUROS CARACAS Caracas, Venezuela
Finance Analyst at the largest insurer company, owned by Liberty Mutual Group.
Financial evaluation of contractors to issue construction surety bonds to guarantee the contractor’s performance on projects, control of claims settlement, and accounting.
“Master in Management Development” (Distinction).
Libera Università Italiana Degli Studi Sociali, (LUISS), Rome, Italy. 2004.
“Master in Finance” (Distinction).
Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas, Venezuela. 1992 - 1993
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA).
Universidad Metropolitana, Caracas, Venezuela. 1982-1987
- Strategic Management, Unimet, Caracas, Venezuela, 2002.
- “Financial and Economic Evaluation Program”: Centro Internacional de Estudio y Desarrollo Petrolero (CIED), Caracas, Venezuela, 1998
- Financial Administration, CIED, Caracas, Venezuela, 1996.
- “Insurance Certificate Course in Property & Casualty”: Sedgwick (Marsh Group), London, England, 1994
- RIMS (Risk & Insurance Management Society) Seminars: 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001.
Throughout my career I have had the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields in Finance and developed a strong background in financial analysis & modeling, Contracts Administration, credit risk analysis, financial accounting, cash flow, budgeting, and insurance.
While working at the Venezuela’s state-owned oil company, I received awards in recognition of achieving outstanding performance, such as, costs reduction, minimized risks based on effective credit-related decisions, ensured economic returns in investment decisions, and redesigned processes which saved time and increased work productivity.
My skills also include organizational abilities, prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines, ability to work with people from different cultures, good verbal & written skills, problem solving and decision-making skills, English, Spanish and Italian language.
Please be aware that I am open to relocation internationally, and that I possess EU work permit.
Oil Treating & Refining
Metal Pressure Vessels
Computer Hardware, Electronics
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Ecological & Environmental