quality control inspector
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 6 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
A dedicated Senior QA/ QC (Piping, Welding / Coating (Painting)) inspector level 07 years experience (3 Years in Gulf) in the field of welding/ piping, Tanks, Painting/ coating, Refinery piping, in the oil / gas filed and Power generation.
• As a Mechanical Engineer, QA/QC(Welding, Piping & Coating) Inspector (Third Party Inspection), experience in fabrication, maintenance, shutdown, construction in refinery, petrochemical, oil &Gas projects, Heat exchangers, storage tanks, Modules, Boiler accessories, Boiler drums and Power generation.
• Review of ITP, WPS/PQR for piping, Pipeline, Structural, Coating .
• Conduct Procedure qualification and Welder qualification as per API 1104 & ASME Sec IX
• Interpretation of Radiographs as per the ASME Sec.V, Sec.XI, DNI, and API1104 and Witnessing of destructive testing.
• Monitoring all welding, painting, QA/QC inspectors of contractors and Ensuring that all codes, standards and specifications requirements are strictly adhered during execution & final signing off of products.
• All stages of Material Inspection (complies with requirements, chemical composition dimensional acceptance of purchased material and review material certificates against heat number).
• Welding / Coating Inspector Supervision and surveillance.
• Preparation of daily welding visual inspection reports, NDT coordination and Review of NDT Reports.
• Raising deviation/ concession request, technical queries as required by project with technical specification. Witness hydro test/ pneumatic, \Tie-in joints/ PWHT.
• Preparation of QA/QC Documents, Test packs and final submission to customer for approval.
• Preparation of As-built drawing and Project dossiers completion of punch list.
• Duties include review fabricator's and subcontractor's QC programs, WPSs. PQRs, welder certifications and material test reports. Communicate with project engineers (i.e., NCRs, project status), monitor work, perform NDT (VT, UT, MT), final product inspection and complete project documentation requirements (i.e., daily NDT reports, client updates).
• Organizing inspection and quality control requirements to ISO 9001, BSEN standards or client requirement. Implement and control welding health and safety requirements and training
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering (61 %), India 2001.
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (First class with Honors), India 1997.
• Diploma in Industrial Safety Engineering (First class), India 2005 .
• AWS – Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) American welding Society
• American Society of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) certified accordance With SNT-TC-1A Level II Radiographic Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing and Radiographic Interpretation.
• AUTO -CAD 2005
• Dubai Driving License (Light Vehicle), License no:946751 valid till 2015.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Liaison with customers (client) & convenience they related to QA/QC activities and preparation/ submission of quality records.
- Liaison with project engineer / works coordinator for conduit of day-to-day quality related activities of the contract.
- Raising deviation/ concession request technical queries as required by project within technical specification.
- Monitoring all welding, painting, QA/QC inspectors of contractors and Ensuring that all codes, standards and specifications requirements are strictly adhered during execution & final signing off of products.
- Verifying and approving all construction, Nondestructive testing, coating, painting procedures and getting approval from clients.
- Reviewing of welding procedure specifications (WPS) for different materials and joints with different configurations with different materials.
- Managing quality control department in projects, controlling and monitoring all QC & NDT activities as per project quality plan and inspection test plan and controlling activities of all NDT and QC technicians and coordinating with all QC and NDT inspectors.
- Conducting internal audits to assure that QC department is working as per the code and specification of client and project requirements and to verify that all the necessary quality records are maintained properly as per requirement.
- Preparing project quality dossiers and final document handing over.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental