Wire line field engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 7 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To become a key player in the oil and gas industry
Oildata Wireline Services, Port Harcourt.
Field Engineer. (August 2001-Till date.)
Job preparations through mobilization of equipment to the field, job execution and de-mobilization of equipment back to base. This includes but not limited to:
- Review the job design and confirm that the job packet includes the proper equipment and processes to achieve the job purpose.
- Confirm that unit, Pressure Control Equipment and downhole tools are ready, complete and correct for the job.
- Equipment certification to meet industry safety standards.
- Carry out onsite operational checks on down hole tools and surface equipment.
- Plan and monitor periodic checks and maintenance of equipment and ensure compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Carry out maintenance work and repair of equipment to ensure that they are always in a ready to go state.
- Prepare all the necessary paper work, including certification documents for equipment loading out to the field.
- Lead crew to the field and oversea Rig Up and operation of pressure control equipment, ensuring that well pressure is contained throughout the operation.
- Apply technical knowledge to solve unanticipated situations, and consult with Company’s operational base as needed.
- Oversee operation and servicing of field logging unit.
- Perform onsite emergency unit/equipment maintenance as needed.
- Review JSA and Promote safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and comply with all applicable health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations and also participates in HSE related activities at the well site - site assessments and risk analyses, onsite safety meetings, PPE use, etc
- Promote and take an active part in the quality improvement process and developing my knowledge and skills to be able to run the most complex, or complete range of, Cased Hole services under the most challenging conditions.
Prepare end of work report.
*Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
Higher National Diploma (HND)
Mechanical Engineering Technology
* BS Mechanical Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
International Well Control Forum (IWCF)
*Offshore Survival Course.
*Industrial First Aid Course
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment
Oil Field Services