PIPING ENGINEER (LAYOUT & STRESS) - 3.5 years experienced
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 4 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|To use my talents to the service of my employer organization and become a self motivated and goal oriented professional committed to pursuing a long-term career in the organization.
|i.Designation : Piping Stress Engineer.
Company : Stone & Webster Rolta Ltd., Mumbai,
India.(A Joint Venture of SHAW Group Inc. and
ROLTA India Ltd.)
Project : High Density Poly Ethylene Plant, Yanbu, Saudi
Duration : 01/05/07 to till date.
• Preparation of stress critical line list and defining the systems as per
• Modeling and Static Analysis of critical piping systems connected to hot
pumps, heat exchangers, columns and reboilers using CAESAR-II and releasing
structural loading details.
• Modeling and static analysis of Jacketed Piping.
• Conversant with modeling of all piping hardware for pipe stress analysis
like rod hangers, spring cans, variable & constant spring hangers.
• Conversant with modeling of different types of expansion bellow elements,
trunnion offset modeling, equipment and skirt modeling.
• Nozzle to shell stress calculation as per WRC 107, WRC 297 & API 650, Flange
leakage calculation as per ASME SEC VIII DIV I.
• Knowledge in nozzle load analysis of pump to API 610, compressors to API
617, turbines to NEMA SM 23, air cooled heat exchangers to API 661 and
Relief valve thrust load analysis.
• Checking availability of support location and routine change if any in Smart
• Preparation of load cases for dead weight, hydro test load, multiple
temperatures and pressures, thermal displacements, external forces, wind
loads, uniform loads, hanger load and PSV analysis load case philosophies
and their static analysis.
• Visual clearance of non critical piping system, support span calculation and
calculation of expansion loop requirements.
• Checking vendor drawings for nozzle loads.
• Trunnion load and PSV discharge thrust calculation.
• Quality checking of CAESAR model with IFC (issued for construction)
isometrics and documentation of the stress system as per project
• Liaison with layout and support groups for flexibility requirements.
• Conversant with international codes and standards like ASME B 31.3 etc.
|• P G Diploma in Piping Design & Engineering (2005): 71% - Suvidya Institute
of Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (2001-2005): 61.8% - Govt. Engg. College,
Thrissur, Calicut University, Kerala.
• Pre Degree (1999-2001): 64% - Farook College, Calicut University, Kerala.
• S.S.L.C (1998-1999): 87.2% - M M V H S S, Board of Examination, Kerala.
|CAESAR-II, SMART PLANT REVIEW, AUTO CAD