Production Manager, Project Manager, Production Superintendent
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Seeking a more challenging and exciting career to expand my experience as well as to contribute it in different perspective.
Current and Past Positions:
Currently I am a Project Manager with the Engineering & Project Department. I have been assigned to manage the PP-1 Expansion Project. In addition I will have to conduct Plant Debottlenecking studies and coordinating Capex projects with the various departments. My job functions are as follow:
• Define project objective and definition.
• Lead and manage the project engineers and technical staff.
• Prepare cost estimation and evaluate options.
• Together with Purchasing Department, evaluate and recommend contractors bidding for job.
• Together with Legal Department, prepare and review project contracts.
• Implement the project in the most cost effective way.
• Implement and comply with standards in the design and execution of projects.
• Prepare evaluation report and justification.
• Work closely with equipment vendors/manufacturers to identify suitable equipment and design.
I was a Production Manager in Titan Polyethylene (M) Sdn. Bhd. reporting to the Senior Plant Manager then. My job functions were as follow:
• Manage the HDPE plant to achieve safety, quality, production, costs targets on a day to day basis. Meet monthly and quarterly targets and annual KPI.
• Organize support from laboratory, maintenance, process engineering and safety departments to improve plant performance, improve safety, reduce total cost and sustain plant operations to maximize throughput and profits.
• Evaluate and update operating procedures and emergency procedures according to establish period.
• Implement and audit operating system like ISO9001, OHSAS18000 and other quality and safety systems.
• Manage and plan production and raw material for smooth operation and avoid interruption.
• Assists marketing department to improve product performance and develop new products.
• Optimize production efficiency and unit cost operations by monthly plant performance review.
• Develop waste reduction and management. Add value to disposable waste.
• Initiate plant studies to improve plant throughput, reliability, quality and unit cost down.
• Review benchmark with consultants and improve on weaknesses.
• Completed MBA in 2009, awarded by University of South Australia (UniSA).
• Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, awarded by UniSA.
• Diploma Basic Chemical Engineering from International Correspondence School (ICS), Singapore.
• Diploma Production Management from International Correspondence School (ICS), Singapore.
• GCE ‘O’ level with credits in Mathematics, Physics, English, Biology and Geography.
In brief, my achievements and experience are as follow:
• Three years as Project Manager in Titan Engineering and Project Dept. – PP1 Expansion Project and PP Plant Debottlenecking Project.
• Five years as Production Manager in Titan Polyethylene.
• Commissioning & Startup Manager for the 100 KTA High Density Polyethylene Plant – Mitsui CX Slurry Process.
• Recruit and develop a startup team for the commissioning and startup of the High Density Polyethylene Plant.
• Two years as Operating Engineer for the construction of the 200 KTA Polypropylene Line-2 Project – Basell Spheripol Process.
• Commission and startup one 10,000 metric ton Propylene cryogenic tank, one 100 KTA Polypropylene plant, one 200 KTA Polypropylene plant, one 100 KTA Polyethylene plant, one 7,000 Barrels/day Naphtha Reformer plant and various Utility units.
• Attended numerous trainings in Showa Denko, Oita and Mitsui Chemicals Incorporated, Ichihara, Japan.
• Implementation and certification of ISO9001 and OHSAS18000.
• Competent in safety related matters having conducted Safety Design Criteria Review, Pre-startup Safety Review, Management of Change, Piping Review, JSA, HAZOP and STOP Observation and Training.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Health, Safety and Environment