This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 10 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|Utilize all educational and work related experience to grow as a leader and manager while progressing a new company.
|Laboratory Manager / Enologist 5/04-Present
Llano Estacado Winery
• Ensure wine quality through organoleptic, instrumental, wet chemistry analysis, and quality control testing.
• Developed budgets and proposals for purchase and usage of new equipment and testing procedures to increase efficiency and productivity
o Updated laboratory equipment to include a Capillary Electrophoresis and UV-Vis for more accurate, timely and cost saving benefits of analysis
o Implemented tests for Tannin and Protein concentrations, heat stability, and micro-oxygenation units.
• Developed standards for compliance with Bio Terrorism Act of 2002.
Trace Analysis Inc.
• Environmental analyst using reverse phase HPLC system testing for explosive compounds and poly-aromatic hydrocarbons.
• Preparatory chemist and back-up analyst for semi-volatile extractions to be run on GC-MS.
• Responsible for EPA methods knowledge and proficiency tests.
Texas Tech University
• Instructed three laboratory sections each semester consisting of twenty-five students each, designing and proctoring quizzes and exams.
o Topics included dimensional analysis, titration, molecular geometry, enthalpy, and reaction sequencing.
• Coordinated food science labs and taught three sections per semester.
Summers of 1998-1999
Texas Tech University
• Proposed, researched, planned, and organized constructive reuse of waste leather products. Ordered all laboratory materials and setup lab for faculty to finish grant proposal for further funding needed to continue research.
• Proctored and instructed 1998 and 1999 Welch Summer Scholar Program participants.
|May 2004 Texas Tech University Lubbock, TX
M.S. in Food and Nutrition
• Thesis: Selenium and Arsenic Concentrations in Bangladeshi Soils.
• Teaching assistant for General Chemistry.
• Teaching assistant for Science of Nutrition.
May 2000 Norwich University Northfield, VT
|J.E. Spallholz, L.M. Boylan, J.D. Robinson, L. Smith, M. M. Rhaman, J. Hook, R. Rigdon. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry. 2007; iFirst:1-8.
H.X. Wei, J.D. Hook, S.H. Kim, G. Li, and K.A. Fitzgerald. Peptides for the New Millennium: Proceedings of the 16th American Peptide Symposium. 2000, Kluwar Academic Dordecht Boston MA.
H.X. Wei, J.D. Hook, K.A. Fitzgerald, and G. Li. Tetrahedron Asymmetry 1999, 10, 661-665.
H.X. Wei, J.D. Hook, and G. Li. Tetrahedron Letters. 1999, 40, 4611-4614.
Instruments Used and Other Skills
• UV-Vis, CE, GC-MS, AA-1725, ICP-AES, NMR, FT-IR, X-Ray Diffraction, Florumeter, Dionex HPLC and chromeleon software.
• Master in TaeKwonDo