UK trained Marine Engineer with experience and qualification of an HSE advisor
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 10 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To facilitate growth and quality services in the oil and gas sector.
Professional Work Experience
• HSE advisor- Marine Professionals Limited (2008- date)
I am responsible for formulating and implementation of HSE policies and strategies.
• Marine Engineer Supervisor, Nigeria LNG ltd (1998-2008)
Started Career with Nigeria LNG in 1998 and progressed through the ranks up to Second engineer. I was responsible for daily management of LNG Carrier machinery spaces for safe and efficient transportation of Liquefied Natural Gas.
Tasks and other assignments within the period include:
• Organisation of daily work for engine room crew
• Attending and making plans with the shipboard management team
• Organising planned maintenance and plant shutdowns
• Updating of spare gear stock and ordering
• Preparation of vessel for statutory and periodical surveys
• Operation of Steam turbines, boilers, electricity generating equipment including high voltage and plant process equipment
• Instrumentation and control systems fault diagnosis
HSE Advisor for vessel in refit 2005
• Carried out HSE activities for Shell international trading and shipping company Limited UK(managers of NLNG Vessels) for ships during dry-docking as the HSE Advisor. Purpose intended to limit accidents during refits.
Assistant Engineer superintendent 2005-2006
• Worked as assistant superintendent at Nigeria LNG office at Victoria Island, Lagos.
• Task involves control of budget and expenditure for Vessel operations
• Emergency response to SOS calls
• Offshore vessel inspection and recommendations for repair survey or ordering of spares.
Higher National Diploma with Distinction in Marine Engineering. UK 2003
Chief engineer certificate of competency(CLASS 1) issued by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency UK
NEBOSH level 3 certificate in Occupational health and safety UK
Professional body membership
Associate member of the institute on Marine Engineering science and technology UK
Incorporated Engineer registered with the UK engineering council
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental