Civil Works Construction & Maintenance Project Management; Construction Auditor; Civil Site Inspector; Design Coordinator
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Seeking new challenges, which effectively utilize my professional experience.
June 2008 - January 2009: Construction Auditor / Asst. Training Manager
Versar International Assistance Projects (VIAP)
Company Industry: Planning/Project Management
Job Role/Department: Quality Control
• Providing detailed technical reports and inspections of construction activity conducted by construction contractors for the US Government.
• Coordinating logistics, engineering review, and support using VIAP's infrastructure that includes over 200 engineers in Iraq and in its reach back engineering support center in the Philippines, in a completely web based and distributed knowledge environment.
December 2006 - February 2008: QA/QC Coordinator Civil Engineer
Qatari Engineer and Associates (QEA)
Company Industry: Consulting Services
Job Role/Department: Engineering
• Clearly established that all disciplines were aware of the scope of work contracted to with the client. Attended introductory meeting with the Client. Obtained statement of requirements including time scale, financial limit etc.
• Monitored progress and reconciled differences between disciplines, making sure that all disciplines understood fully the requirements of each other. Ensured that no additional works are carried out without variation order. Any change to the scope of work should be agreed with the client with variation order before proceeding with the work.
February 1987 - September 2006: Senior Civil Field Engineer
Manila Electric Company (MERALCO)
Company Industry: Government Sector - Utilities
Job Role/Department: Project Contract Management
• Ensuring compliance by the contractor with the plans, specifications and contractual provisions of the project;
• Monitoring, and where appropriate, ensuring that the project progresses according to schedule, where it cannot, management must be kept aware of the problems;
• Interpreting contract drawings and specifications, and where disputes occur, documenting these and arranging solutions;
• Rejecting work which is not within contractual quality or which fails to meet contract requirements.
March 1985: Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines
Bachelor's degree/higher diploma
BS in Civil Engineering
March 1980: Xavier University High School, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines
High school or equivalent
Being employed in the Philippines' largest electric utility, my experience is focused in the construction of Indoor/Outdoor Power Substation Facilities. My civil works experience involved Underground Conduit construction for power cables, equipment foundation layout & construction, structural steel fabrication (substation equipment steel structures and telecommunication towers), hot-dip galvanizing, and substation site development works which includes yard grading, drainage construction, and roadway construction. In building construction, I am experienced in power substation buildings housing the latest in Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) equipment. During the implementation of these projects, I worked with engineers from both ABB (Asea Brown Boveri) and Alstom Power (also known as Areva).
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement