Mechanical / Project Engineer Resume
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 11 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Mechanical/Project Engineer with more than 10 years of experience in industry. Proficient at basic and detail engineering, software based design, facility piping and pipelines, pipe stress analysis, field engineering and construction support.
ƒá Extensive experience in engineering, design, procurement, and construction support.
ƒá Fully familiarized with applicable design codes and regulations in oil and gas industries like ASME, API, CSA and AEUB.
ƒá Developed engineering skills on rotary and stationary equipments like pumps, compressors, pressure vessels, towers, aboveground storage tanks, tank farm, shell & tube heat exchangers, process piping, underground pipelines, flares, oil/gas well-tie-ins and gathering systems, gas sweetening units and package equipments.
ƒá Prepared AFE cost estimates, design specification scopes of work, scheduling and estimations, construction management, and project progress reporting.
ƒá Coordinated workflow within the engineering team, executed mechanical engineering scope, reviewed mechanical drawing content, reinforced and promoted quality and safety standards, interfaced with client and vendor engineering staff of projects.
ƒá Ensured successful completion of mechanical deliverables and monitoring of project performance for mechanical tasks, schedules and costs.
ƒá Hands on experience in preparing technical specifications, material selection, preparing data sheets, sizing, selection and performance evaluation of oil and gas industry equipments.
ƒá Experience in preparation of RFQ / RFP for Stationary and Rotary Equipments and the bid evaluations. Involved in the commissioning, start-up and maintenance of rotating equipments.
ƒá Performed engineering calculations as and where required to verify applicable code requirements. Reviewed and approved vendor design calculations. Experience in using customized calculation sheets for different design codes.
ƒá Developed isometrics and BOM, prepared piping registration packages, and data books.
ƒá Liaison with other engineering discipline leads and vendors.
ƒá Managed multiple projects and prioritized with changing requirements.
ƒá Well understanding of Canadian EPC environment and standards.
ƒá Experience in piping layout, piping design and pipe stress analysis using CAESAR-II per ASME B31.3, B31.8 and CSA Z662 standards.
ƒá Experienced with HSE procedures and requirements in the Petroleum Industry.
ƒá Planning, organizational and time management abilities.
ƒá Can work effectively as part of a cohesive team or independently. Accustomed to work under pressure and to inflexible deadlines.
B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Engg. & Tech.; Lahore, Pakistan, 1997.
MBA, National College of Business Administration, Pakistan, 1999.
• MS-DOS / Windows, Unix operating system, Working Knowledge of LAN systems
• MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Projects, Front Page, Outlook)
• AutoCAD, Fluent, Compress, CAESAR-II and Operating knowledge of FEA softwares like ANSYS
• 6-Month Postgraduate certification in Fluid Mechanics; Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China, 1999
• 6-Month Certification in Fluid Mechanics; American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, USA, 2003
• Postgraduate certification in Fluid Dynamics; Cranfield University, UK, 2005
• Lectures in Industrial Two-Phase Flows (Oil-Gas Flows in Petroleum Industry); Von-Karman Institute, Belgium, 2005
• Fundamentals of Gas Compression; Toromont Energy, Calgary Canada, 2006
• Introduction to Natural Gas Gathering and Processing; PIECE, Canada, 2007
• Technical courses from vendors and suppliers (oil & gas), Calgary, Canada
• WHIMIS, H2S Alive and First Aid Safety (HSE), BP Canada Energy site safety course
CH2M HILL Energy and Chemicals Calgary, AB; 2008-Present
Senior Project Coordinator
AMEC Americas Limited: Calgary, AB; 2007-2008
Equinox Engineering Ltd.: Calgary, AB; 2006-2007
Design Engineering Centre, ERDC: Pakistan; 2002-2006
Mari Gas Company Limited: Pakistan; 1998-2002
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement