Senior Vessels Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 19 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Working as a senior vessels engineer on a team on large international project within the oil and gas EPC project environment.
I am an accomplished Engineer who has achieved an excellent diversity of experience, both working as a member of a team on large international projects and as leader within the oil and gas EPC project environment, expediting information and co-ordinating interdisciplinary departments. In addition I have project management experience dealing with design, costing, cost benefit analysis, negotiation and producing the relevant project documentation. I am fully conversant with ASME VIII Div I, API 620/650 and have a working knowledge of BS PD 5500 design codes.
N.D. Mechanical Engineering, internship at an Applied Research and Development Department, doing failure investigations and the abrasion/corrosion effects of coal dust on the various boiler components.
Learnt analytical thinking, and how to compile reports.
N.D. Mechanical Engineering from the Technikon of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Oct 05 – Present Tecnicas Reunidas S.A., Madrid, Spain: Senior Specialist Mechanical Engineer
Job involved - Acting as a Senior Specialist Mechanical Engineer for Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractor as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for the design, specification relating to pressure vessels including packed columns, towers, separators and reactors in the onshore oil and gas project environment.-
- Technical coordination between vendors, the client and all other departments.
- Preparing material requisitions for process equipment as mentioned above.
- Attending model reviews.
- Evaluating vendor proposals and producing technical tabulations and recommendation reports for client approval.
- Ensuring that vendors comply with the code as well as the client standards and specifications as well as P.E.D. requirements where applicable.
- Review and scrutinise vendor design details and calculations ensuring that the technical requirements were correctly understood and met all code and client specifications.
Projects • HELLENIC PETROLEUM S.A. – Elefsis Refinery Upgrade Project – Greece
• SABIC – Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Complex- Phenolics Facilities – Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
• PETROCHINA – Guangxi Refinery Project – Guangxi, China.
• ARAMCO – Rabigh Development Project – Rabigh, Saudi Arabia.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment