CV_Ahmad Abdelbaset, IT & Communications Manager, OMV (EGYPT) Exploration & Production GmbH
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 4 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Seeking a position to utilize my skills and abilities in the Oil and Gas Industry
OMV (EGYPT) Exploration & Production GmbH
Title: IT & Communications Specialist
Period: Since 2007 – Present
Location: Vienna, Austria
Branch Office: Cairo, Egypt
NATURE OF BUSINESS
OMV Aktiengesellschaft, an oil and gas company engages in the exploration, production, refining, transportation, and marketing of oil and gas properties primarily petrochemicals in Austria, Kazakhstan, Libya, Egypt, New Zealand, Pakistan, Romania, Tunisia, the United Kingdom, and central and Eastern Europe.
ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Operated maintained, monitored, and analyzing networks; analyzing and resolving second and/or third level problems for all network components; Design, implement and troubleshoot Cisco networking solutions, maintaining, and administering LAN and/or WAN systems. Responsible for the daily activities associated with the management and administration of all network servers, operating systems, PC applications, and desktop maintenance.
Admin for Active directory server, Symantec Backup server, File & Print server,
DHCP, WSUS, MS Exchange, BMC Remedy Systems, IBM Tivoli Software eDistribution Solution, Microsoft Office Communicator & Live meeting 2007 server. Managing, developing, and supporting Electronic Document Management Systems (eDMS).
Responsibilities include management of the client projects. Support and help in analysis
of system setups, performing tunings and resolving solutions. Work on development
and management of the implementation, up gradation and system setups. Responsibilities
also include troubleshooting the technical and logical issues and provide migration of the
Responsibilities include installation, maintenance and operation of the OMV E&P
solutions. Responsible for Petrel, ECLIPSE, GeoFrame, OFM System Set-ups. Work
with operating systems such as windows, Linux and UNIX. Provide client support
for the E&P solutions with system administration support also.
2005 B. Sc. in Computer Science & Information Systems
October 6 University, EGYPT
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Global VSAT Forum (GVF) Certification I, II & III
• Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE)
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
• Introduction to Schlumberger Information Solutions – Vienna, Austria
• Petrel Introduction – Vienna, Austria
• GeoFrame Administration – Vienna, Austria
• ECLIPSE Blackoil Reservoir Simulation – Cairo, Egypt
• OFM Fundamentals – Cairo, Egypt
• PIPESIM Fundamentals – Cairo, Egypt
• BMC Remedy Systems – Vienna, Austria
• IBM Tivoli Software eDistribution Solution – Vienna, Austria
• Electronic Document Management Systems (eDMS) – Vienna, Austria
• Symantec Backup Exec – Vienna, Austria
• FW / VPN Phion Firewall – Vienna, Austria
• CPR and First Aid – Vienna, Austria
Language and presentation skills
• Very Good in English – Speaking, Writing and listening in addition to Arabic
as a mother tongue.
• Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills in English.
• Linux (Red Hat from 3.0, Fedora, Suse, Mandrake)
• Unix (Sun Solaris from 8.0)
• Apple (Mac OS X Tiger)
• Windows (Windows 2000 Server, Windows server 2003 Enterprise and Datacenter
Windows Server 2003 CCS Edition, XP64, Vista64)
• BMC Remedy Systems, IBM Tivoli Software eDistribution Solution, eDMS
(Electronic Document Management Systems), Symantec Backup Exec,
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007, Microsoft Office Live meeting 2007.
• FW/VPN Phion Firewall, Cisco Call Manager 2800 Series, Cisco Router
3560G Series, SAN Switches, HP storage Works MSL 6000 Series Library,
HP Storage Works MSA 1500, TANDBERG Systems, Bluecoat systems.
E&P Applications Skills
• GeoFrame, ECLIPSE, Petrel, RMS, OFM, PIPESIM, IPM MBAL...etc
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental