Network Security Professional
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Provide network, systems, and security experience, knowledge, and solutions in a system and network-diverse environment. Protect confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems
2003-2009 : Network Security Professional at EgyNet in Cairo, Egypt.
Provide technical leadership to the enterprise for the information security program. Mentor and train others in information security in addition to training for other technical groups. Install and maintain security infrastructure, including IPS, IDS, log management, and security assessment systems. Assess threats, risks, and vulnerabilities from emerging security issues. Draft interprise security standards and guidelines for system configuration. Managed process and acted in the lead role for computer security incident response team. Perform and create procedures for system security audits, penetration-tests, and vulnerability assessments. Develop scripts to maintain and backup key security systems.
1999-2003: Technical Manager at SITA-Equant in Muscat, Sultanate Of Oman.
• Responsible for all phases of technical consulting business operation.
• Developed and executed technical project plans for simultaneous client efforts
• Ability to prioritize effectively, multi-task and achieve objectives within time and budget constraints
• Known for building strong business relationships with both clients and vendors.
• Coordinated efforts with the projects' senior manager, clients and technical team members to identify areas of opportunity and improve project performance.
• Delivered project report cards with time, cost accounting and on-going status.
• Identified meetings to review progress and organize future work effort.
• and documented scope of projects, created budgets and work plans, assigned tasks, obtained resources and conducted 1996-1999: IT Professional at SITA-Equant in Bahrain.
• Performed hardware and software installations and provided high-level customer care, training, and technical support.
• Assembled and installed a wide array of computer systems, workstations, and peripheral hardware.
• Implement effective customer satisfaction strategies by identifying and eliminating the root causes of customer problems.
1992-1996: Service Engineer at Autotote in Toronto, Canada.
1986-1992: Chief Engineer and Assistant to Technical Manager at SITA in Egypt
1978-1986: Service Engineer at SITA in Egypt
1993-1995: Humber College- Etobicoke in Ontario, Canada.
UNIX Certificate (with honors.
1980-1981: Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering
Passed required exams for MSC in Communication Engineering.
1972-1977: Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering
B Sc. In Electronics and communications engineering
• Passed Implementing Cisco Quality of Service ( QOS ) exam on May 22nd 2007.
• Received the “4013 Recognition “ on 18th Sep 2006 .
• CCIE-Security (written exam); passed on: 18th Sept. 2006.
• CQS- Cisco Firewall Specialist – Jan. 2005 .
• CCSP- Cisco Certified Security Professional- Dec. 2004,
Valid till May 2010
• CQS- Cisco IDS Specialist- Dec. 2004 .
• CQS- Cisco VPN Specialist- Oct. 2004 .
• CCIE- Security Qualification Exam- Aug. 2003 .
• INFOSEC (Information Systems Security Professional-ISSP) – Nov. 2002
• CSS1- Cisco Security Specialist 1- Nov. 2002
• CCDP- Cisco Certified Design Professional- Aug. 2002 .
• CCDA- Cisco Certified Design Associate- Jun. 2002 , valid till May 2010.
• CCNP- Cisco Certified Networking Professional- May 2002.
• CCNA- Cisco Certified Networking Associate- Jan. 2002, valid till May 2010.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment