Senior Operator/ Operations O&G
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 15 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To find employment overseas in Operations with a Rotating Shift, or re;ocation.
• Managed the day-to-day production operation of Hiswah, Auqban Oil and Gas Fields in Wadi Hadramut on Block 9 in The Republic of Yemen.
• Reporting to the Yemenese Government (PEPA) regarding daily and monthly production.
• Optimized production with numerous upgrades to process and each individual well with sound increases.
• Managed and trained Yemenese Operators and crews on HS&E and all operation parameters & responsibilities.
• Optimized safety in the work environment, training, fire school, plant shut-down scenarios.
• Created new Information System for optimal data collection for each individual well and field.
• Involved with coordinating with Well test crew, Service and Drilling rigs regarding production.
• Involved with the pre-commissioning of the Central Processing Facility and its future operations as contributing member in HAZOPS (Bureau Veritas).
• Implemented Blend System to mix heavy oil from Al Roidhat field.
• Involved in many shut-downs and Start-ups of field and wells due to upgrades, testing, equipment failures, expansion and optimization.
• Formulated, wrote, new employee orientation manuals.
• Trained, supervised and evaluated staff, and was involved with recruitment.
• Involved with expansion of facility and compound and nearby exploration fields.
• Residence Visa in Republic of Yemen
• Operated in two Sour Gas Plants in Alberta.
• Monitored and supervised Maintenance and Operations with Safety of Utmost Importance
• Resulted in multilateral staff achievement of work objectives.
• Successfully received Third Class Ticket.
• Organized &Coordinated Safety Meetings and Emergency Planning with crew
Power Eng., Southern Alberta Institute of Technology(SAIT) 1998
16 Canoe Cove Airdrie, AB. T4B 2Z5
Phone: 403 980 - 3210
Cell: 780 278-7104
October 20th, 2009
To Whom It May Concern:
I am applying for a position with your Operations Department. Please accept my enclosed resume in application for this position. I have over 15 years in the oil and gas industry sector that has given me a wide range of relevant experience. For the past three years, I have worked in the Republic of Yemen with Calvalley Petroleum where I held the position of Senior Operator for the Hiswah field in Block 9. My responsibilities working in Yemen were diverse and challenging, where I enjoyed the experience immensely and accomplished a lot. It was a hands-on 5 weeks in/5 out operation where I was successfully responsible for increasing production, innovation and implementation of HS&E in the operation. Due to cutbacks in Yemen with Calvalley Petroleum, I am now looking forward to the potential opportunity of working with your team. I also have extensive experience operating in two Sour Gas Plants in Canada that utilized acid gas to run each respective plant, and have hands-on experience working in the oil well service sector. My skills as a leader and my previous experience working in a wide range of fields in the Oil Patch in Canada and abroad make me a great candidate for this position. I look forward to the opportunity of an interview with you to discuss the possibility of employment.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment