information technology manager -
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 15 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
• ICT Policy and Strategy development
• Planning and directing all major IT systems projects, monitoring the progress of the design, installation and commissioning of the various networks and systems.
• Programme and Project planning, management and Coordination
• Information and Communication Technology Management
• Strategy conceptualization, Development and Implementation
• Team leadership and Mentoring
• Policy Development and Implementation
• Corporate Management Information Systems
• Systems Development
• Process Re-engineering
• Evaluation and Procurement
• Conflict and change management
• Communications – Excellent communications expertise, plus the ability to formulate detailed IT budget submissions/technical reports, work/maintenance/training schedules, and to conduct seminars/demonstrations to executive and senior staff
• Technological Awareness – Extensive technical knowledge and managerial expertise in the various IT server networks and Cisco applications.
• Teamwork – Excellent interpersonal skills and ability at the managerial level
• Planning and Organizing – Managerial ability to perform independently at the senior supervisory level working under pressure of frequent/tight deadlines often in difficult/demanding situations
• In depth knowledge and experience of implementing and management of large information technology (IT) projects.
• Versatile in all the stages of the IT solution life-cycle including feasibility studies, systems and requirements specifications and definitions, systems analysis and design, software development, maintenance and documentation utilizing modern methodologies.
• Very competent in the use of state of the art high level development tools such as Oracle Developer, Informix 4gl RDS, SQL, Java, Microsoft Access and Visual Basic for Applications.
• Strong experience in Project Management, Staff Management, SQL server database administration system, Maintenance of DHCP, DNS, KDAP, file server, Proxy(squid) and web(apache) servers.
• Performed business analysis and developed and customized systems in a wide range of client areas including banking, human resource, accounting, agricultural, educational, trade, and pensions sectors.
1979 – 85 University Of Zambia, Lusaka Bsc Degree in Mathematics
and Computer Science (Credit)
1987 Zambia Railways Training Centre, Kabwe, Zambia Certificates in
1. Cobol Programming
2. Automated Data Processing Fundamentals
3. Programming Logic and Techniques
1988 ICL Zimbabwe Certificates in
1. DRS Systems
2. TME systems and Operations
1989 Racal Milgo UK Certificates in
1. Networking Courses Comlink IV and Omnimode 96
2. Data Communications and Omnimux Series
1990 ICL Zambia Ltd Certificates in
1. Application Development
2. Database design and Modelling
3. Systems Analysis and Design
4. System Networking
1992 - date Attendance Courses Certificates in
1. RPG II Programming
2. Microsoft Office Products
3. Training of Trainers
4. Project Management
5. Visual Basic
6. Oracle Developer
7. IT Security
Current Studies ACCA
MBA ACCA Level 3
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement