Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 11 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
• Responsible for Capital and Maintenance Projects (FEED / EPC phases) across the Total Group in the UK (refineries, oil terminals, storage tanks and pipelines), this includes full responsibility for the engineering, design, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and final hand over.
• Responsible for the preparation of engineering schemes detailed scopes of work, basis of design, initial budget costs and project justifications. This process involves close liaison with the Engineering Manager, Operation Manager, designers, suppliers and contractors
• Supervise and co-coordinating multi-disciplined personnel (including design consultant, suppliers and contractors) during design procurement and construction phases to ensure that all relevant standards, Safety, Legal and Environmental requirements are complied with during execution of the project.
• Responsible for reviewing and approval of all design work this includes responsibility to manage the plant change process (MOC) to ensure implications of new designs are understood and implemented safely and on time.
• Responsible for preparation of tender specifications and material requisitions of mechanical equipment and equipment packages.
• Responsible for technical and commercial tender evaluation of supplier proposals.
• Responsible for the preparation of all tender documentation, procurement of equipment and services.
• Coordination and management of mechanical equipment packages to ensure information is incorporated into overall design.
• Assessment of engineering design packages in order to develop execution plans for installation commissioning and maintenance
2009 NEBOSH Degree: HSE - National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Level 3.
Woodland Grange, ENGLAND
2003 – 2005 Masters Degree Degree: MSc ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGEMENT
BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY, ENGLAND.
Academic Record: 2:1 with Merits
Thesis: “Development of a Feasibility Study and a Business Plan to set up an Industrial Plant of Natural Products”
2003 Advance General and Business English Certificate (IELTS)
FAST TRACK INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, ENGLAND.
Academic Record: 6/9 (First) Certificate Cambridge University
1995 – 1999 Master Mechanical Engineering Degree: MEng MECHANICAL ENGINEER
POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY (UNEXPO) (Milano – Venezuela)
Academic Record: First (7/9) with Honours
in addition to my MEng Mechanical Engineering degree (Honours), I have also completed a Masters degree in Engineering Project Management (Merits), which allows me to work effectively and efficiently within different stages of projects, such as design, construction and installation.
I have experience in Project Engineering (Conceptual, FEED and EPC) with Total, Foster Wheeler, Siemens and PDVSA (Venezuelan Oil Company) participating in all the stages of projects from preparation of basis of design to construction, installation and commissioning.
I have worked in large LNG projects with Shell (in Nigeria and Australia) which involved the design (UK) and construction (Thailand) of the whole plant into modules. Also I have worked in Tank farms, Pipelines and Refinery projects for Total, ExxonMobil and PDVSA (England and Venezuela).
In general, these works involved responsibility of providing mechanical support (design and maintenance) multidiscipline coordination as well as participating in managing projects throughout its life cycle so as to comply with budget, time and quality required. This included bid preparation, design, detailed planning/scheduling and detailed activities as well as supervising and performing maintenance / quality tasks such as vibrations analysis and other non destructive testing activities.
Team working and under pressure are my strongest strengths apart from excellent communication and organization.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement