Quality Assurance Officer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 7 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
• To gain experience in an environment with great opportunities for career advancement.
• To become a top-flight executive with a keen knowledge of production and quality management systems for export driven companies.
United Refineries Limited (URL) (March 2007 to date)
Position/ Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Purpose of the job: To coordinate all systems and activities for continuous improvement of quality and productivity at URL, including the development, implementation and maintenance of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System as well as other management systems. To coordinate material, product and process research and development for the continual improvement of productivity and market competitiveness of URL processes and products.
• Coordinating and overseeing the development and implementation of continuous improvement systems.
• Carrying out internal system audits for compliance to ISO 9001:2000 QMS, reporting the results and following up on the non-conformities raised.
• Developing, updating and continuously improving laboratory systems, standards, practices and procedures; and maintaining safety, health and housekeeping standards for total safety and cleanliness of the laboratory.
• Monitoring and evaluating product quality and process performance.
• Formulating policies, objectives and manuals based on the various standard requirements; and reviewing systems to ensure continued effectiveness, suitability and compliance of the system to particular standard requirements.
• Liaising with marketing in planning product development activities and formulating of new products or reformulating of existing ones.
• Directing and controlling staff involved in conducting and implementing material, product and process research and development projects to ensure that final products are manufactured safely; are of the appropriate quality and produced within established cost and time limits.
• Supporting the manufacturing functions to enhance efficient and effective material production by giving technical expertise and direction on the production lines.
• Gathering and using statistical tools to analyse system data to measure performance and draw meaningful information from the data used to improve system.
United Refineries Limited (URL) (June 2005 to February 2007)
Position/ Title: Senior Laboratory Technician – Quality Assurance & Research and Development
Dairibord Zimbabwe Limited (DZL) (August 2002 – May 2005)
Position/ Title: Laboratory Technician
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (National University of Science and Technology – 2008)
Higher National Diploma in Applied Chemical Technology (Bulawayo Polytechnic College – 2006)
National Diploma in Applied Chemical Technology (Bulawayo Polytechnic College – 2004)
National Certificate in Science Technology (Bulawayo Polytechnic College – 2002)
Master of Business Administration (National University of Science and Technology: August 2009 – August 2010).
ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System Internal Auditor
ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System Implementation & Performance Management
ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management Systems Internal Auditor
A Post Graduate Diploma in Management graduate from the National University of Science and Technology and a Higher National Diploma in Applied Chemical Technology graduate from the Bulawayo Polytechnic College. A mature, responsible and self-motivated individual, able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Capable of quickly adapting to changing environments and flexible, committed individual with excellent inter-personal skills. My work experience has taught me to be a team player and helped me gain knowledge in the development, implementation and maintenance of Quality Management Systems as well as Research and Development/ Quality Assurance practices.
• Team building and team player.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Strategic and futuristic thinker.
• SAPGUI 3.1 H, SAPGUI 4.08, SAP 620
• Windows XP: Excel; advanced Word; advanced
• Internet and e-mail.
• Soccer, music, reading and chess.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Health, Safety and Environment