Field Mechanical Engineering/Quality Assurance
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Seeking a career in Field Mechanical Engineering/Quality Assurance, Construction Coordinator/Supervisor - Petrochemical and Heavy Industry.
Responsible for the adherence to Project Specifications and Design Requirements for all Static and Rotating Equipment installation and pre-commissioning work under the direction of the PFE & Area Field Engineers / Unit Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance of Mechanical Equipment installation and inspections in accordance with issued ITP’s and project technical standards.
• Perform daily field engineering surveillances on contractors’ activities and prepare and complete the project daily report for review, sign-off and posting on project common drive. Ensure contractors standards and specifications relating to mechanical equipment and systems are current.
• Perform the required engineering receiving inspections of Mechanical equipment and take corrective actions on any non-conformances identified. Audit proper equipment preservation methods.
• Coordinate with the Mechanical Resident Engineering Team on all engineering related issues.
• Initiate and disposition FCN’s RFI’s FCR’s and NCR’s.
• Network with the other Mechanical Field Engineers / Specialists / Inspectors to discuss common mechanical issues.
• Interface with vendors to resolve non-conformances identified.
• Organize site visits and provide support and required assistance to vendor/supplier representatives.
• Ensures and monitors the Document Control activities of Subcontractors are current.
• Support the Flawless Start-Up Initiative by actively participating in surveillance walk-downs, training and flaw mitigation activities.
• Review/approve contractor’s welding procedures and welding matrix for all site pressure welding (ASME Sect IX, B31.3 and owner standards).
• Provide the necessary support and assistance required by the ABSA Inspection Coordinator to ensure all the tag equipment that require ABSA inspections are timely completed.
• Support engineering analysis for modifications and new designs (tower tray installations, rotating equipment installation issues)
• Participate in contractors’ safety meetings and walk-downs.
• Mechanical Engineering Technology (3-year program), Lambton College, Sarnia, Ontario 1972
• Construction Safety Association of Ontario – Basics of Supervising 2005
• Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists, C.E.T.
• Canadian Welding Bureau: Certified Level 1 Welding Inspector (Registration No.: 4661, Expiry: 08/06/2010). ASME B31.3 code endorsement.
• Mechanical Engineering Technologist trained and specialised in large-scale, Petrochemical Plant new construction and revamp.
• Versed in current statutory regulations, industry standards and recommended practices and a practical sense in applying such references.
• Fabricating shop Quality Control Inspector and Technical Support - Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Piping, etc.). Post weld heat treat technician.
• Municipal Inspector: Ontario Building Code, Plumbing Code.
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office Word and Excel) and excellent written and verbal communication.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Health, Safety and Environment