Lead E&P Engineer (Operations, Asset Management, Exploration, Development) International Experience
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 12 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Petroleum Engineer with extensive experience in operations, well completions, production optimization, asset/capital/rig management, acquisitions, and building technical teams both domestically & internationally. Excellent references.
Venoco E&P (Denver, CO) 6/2008 to 10/2009
Engineering & Operations Manager
• Engineering responsibility for $1B legacy natural gas asset producing $180+ million in annual revenue with $120 million annual capital budget over 350+ producing wells. Assembled and developed 9 person engineering team that set a record for production (99 mmcfd), activity level (280 completions in 1 year), performance, and cost savings. Pioneered a hydraulic fracture program with success in year 1. Lead extensive G&G study to optimize completion performance over historical 1200+ tests across 2 fields. Enjoyed building and educating a young engineering team.
Endeavour International (London, UK) 7/2005 to 6/2008
Business Development & Engineering Lead (Pan-North Sea)
• International business development in UK, Norway, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, US including acquisitions, divestitures, and farm-in analysis. Lead technical role on $450 Mil acquisition with multiple fields and syndicated financing which established a foothold in the UK.
• Prospect Analysis & Portfolio Management. Lead cross-discipline prospect analysis (multi-country) team by meeting with in-country G&G prospect teams. Developed reservoir models, drilling scenarios, off-take solutions, and facilities estimates based upon offset field analogies. Quantified risk, value, exposure, and upside for partner negotiations and JV voting.
• Company voting representative for multiple assets totaling gross 130,000 boepd (2/3 of all company net production). UK = Alba, Bittern, and Goldeneye Fields. Norway = Brage & Njord Fields
• Reserves reporting in US (SEC), Norwegian (NPD), UK (DTI, BERR, CPR), and SPE.
• Operational well trouble shooting
• Budget & Planning coordinator for $40 MM annual capital budget
• General Reservoir Modeling - flow assurance, well testing, PVT analysis, log analysis, etc.
Devon Energy (Houston, TX) 1/2002 to 7/2005
Sr. Production & Sr. Reservoir Engineer
•P&L responsibility for multiple East Texas gas fields with 50+ MMCF of daily production (approximately $300k of daily gross revenue) and $400mil of NPV10. Completions, workover, recompletions, hydraulic fracture, and production optimization designs to increase production and profitability utilizing 3 drilling rigs and 5-15 service rigs on any given day. $30-$50 mil budget.
University of Colorado - School of Business (Denver, CO) 1/2009 – 6/2010
Masters Science (MS) Global Energy Management
• Degree focused on business aspects of the energy industry including oil, gas, renewables, distribution, trading, hedging, finance, accounting, and legal
University of Kansas - School of Engineering (Lawrence, KS) 8/1997 – 12/2001
Bachelors Science (BS) Petroleum Engineering
• Honors Program
• President of 2001 University of Kansas Graduating Class (8,500 students in class)
Oil Treating & Refining
Metal Pressure Vessels
Computer Hardware, Electronics
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Ecological & Environmental