Geophysicist (experienced) / MSc. Geological Sciences (Only dissertation lacks). Seven years of experience in oil industry as a Geophysicist:
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 7 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Position as Geophysicist / Petroleum and Gas Company (Energy Industry). I am looking for professional growing, new horizons and experiences in my career.
Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A (PDVSA) Exploration and Production (E & P).Search, validation and load of geological and geophysical data. Analyzed 3D seismic data: structural, seismic facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis. Well Seismic Tie, Generated velocity model, time-depth conversion. Improved of vertical resolution of seismic data from Acoustic Inversion (AI). Used of seismic attributes for structural and stratigraphic characterization of reservoirs. Generated Discrete Fracture Network (DFN). Performed methodology for seismic characterization naturally fractures reservoir. Analyzed and interpreted 2D/3D seismic data to build the structural model. Provided geophysical input and technical assessments to prepare drilling prospects and drilling target planning. Supervised the application of programs in seismic processing and acquisition, provided geophysical input for area and well reviews and maintain updated geophysical interpretations and maps. Performed maps and cubes of structural and stratigraphic seismic attributes in complex reservoirs. Designed and acquisition of Well Seismic Time data offshore (Checkshot, VSP Zero Offset, 3D VSP) Reviewed of structural models and calculated reserves. Worked in multidisciplinary teams.
* Universidad Central de Venezuela: Msc. Geological Sciences. Faculty of Engineering. School of Geologist, Mines and Geophysicists. Caracas, Venezuela. (Last subjects ending in February 2010, only dissertation lacks) GPA = 4.2
* Universidad Rafael Belloso Chacin. Maracaibo, Venezuela. (May 2005 – October 2007). Diplomate in Solutions for Production of Hydrocarbons and Methodology for Integrated Study of Reservoirs. GPA = 4.25
* Universidad Central de Venezuela. Faculty of Engineering. School of Geologist, Mines and Geophysicists. (November 1997 – June 2003). Title obtained: Geophysical Engineer. Efficiency index: 0.9720 / 1.0000. GPA = 3.7 Dissertation with disclosure mention.
* PDVSA (2001). Basic Geostatistic & Evaluation of Geological Formations
* PDVSA (2004). Basic Structurology
* PDVSA - Baker & Hughes (2006). Well Seismic.
* PDVSA – French Petroleum Institute (2006). Reservoir Geophysics Fundamentals.
* PDVSA – NEXT (2006). Seismic Inversion Pre & Post-Stack.
* PDVSA – Paradigm Geophysics (2006). Basic Stratimagic, SeisFacies & NexModel, Voxel Geo.
* PDVSA - Schlumberger (2009). Petrel Introduction Course, Seismic Visualization and Interpretation Course, Process Manager Course, Fracture Modeling Training.
COMPUTER SKILLS. PETREL, GOCAD, GEOFRAME, STRATA Hampson & Rusell (Seismic Inversion), MESA, OPENWORKS: SeisWorks 3D, Geoprobe, PostStack/PAL, Syntool, Depth Team Express, Z-Map Plus, Seismic Project & Seismic Data Manager. PARADIGM: Stratimagic & Seis Facies, Section & Basemap, Voxel Geo & 3D Canvas, LINUX & UNIX, MS Office.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCE: * Structural Interpretation at the Vicinity of the Icotea Fault at the Cretaceous Section, Lagomar Field, Maracaibo Basin, Venezuela. 11th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysical Society. Salvador, Brazil, August 2009. * 2nd International Conference “Fractured Basement Reservoir”, (2008) Vung Tau, Vietnam. Field Trip (south-central Vietnam) & Workshop “Methodology and Philosophy of Fracture Basement Reservoirs Production”, Hanoi, Vietnam. PETROVIETNAM E &P, Vietnam Petroleum Institute (VPI).* Structural Characterization of a Naturally Fracture Reservoir. Cretaceous Section. Maracaibo Lake, Venezuela. (2008). I Venezuelan Geosciences Symposium. Caracas.* 3D VSP in Lake Maracaibo, Venezuela. (2007). Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Annual Meeting. San Antonio, USA & 10th International Congress of the Brazilian Geophysicists Society. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.* Boost +: Recovery High Frequencies consistent with the subsurface. (2006) XIII Venezuelan Geophysics Congress. Caracas. * Cortical thickness in northern Venezuela based on data from deep seismic refraction (2005). Geophysics, Sent.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement
Health, Safety and Environment