Control Room Operator / Shift Supervisor
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
|Experience: 13 years
|Relocation: Yes - Internationally
|To continue my career as a member of a dynamic workforce, working as a Shift Supervisor Process / Control Room Operator in a challenging environment and with a reputable Oil and gas organization.
|1. Shift Supervisor Process (SSP) / CRO
Shell Nigerian Exploration & Production Co., Bonga FPSO Offshore, Nigeria.
2008 until date
• Supervise the Control Room and the Area authority operators to achieve day-to-day production targets safely, efficiently and economically.
• Undertake maintenance and integrity task, inspection tasks to ensure technical integrity.
• Configure Wells and Facilities, and ensure production flow is regulated as per the Integrated Production Programme advice.
• Supervise the isolation and integration of parts or all of the production system as may be required.
• Emergency response team member.
• Validation and issuance of permit to work documents (PTW).
• Administration of the Permit to Work Facility
• Interrogations, troubleshooting and control of the Process system.
• Work force planning.
• Coaching and training Operators to be competent Field Technicians and Control Room Operators.
• Development of new operators using Bonga Training simulator and On the Job Training techniques.
• Check, confirm and technically close all Operations Preventive Maintenance work orders using SAP system.
• Supervises first line maintenance and ensures that routine maintenance are carried out as at when due using the SAP system.
• Check and broadcast end of the month production report.
• Ensuring that Export Oil and Gas Production targets are met at the required specification.
• Ensuring the safety of Personnel, the equipment and the Environment.
• Carry out start up, maintain and shut down of production of 225,000 barrels of oil per day, 320,000 barrels of water injection per day and 165 MMscf of gas export per day with subsea tie back well facilities using DCS.
• Controlling production emergencies and critical situations: By maintaining a state of readiness, control critical process situations and co-ordinate the response to emergencies in the FPSO from the control room.
• Revision and implementation of fields operations programmes as agreed with other sections.
Full and Advanced Technician Diploma (FTD):
Applied Mechanical Engineering from
City and Guild of London.
Technician Diploma (TD):
Applied Mechanical Engineering
City and Guild of London.
Government Technical College, Oyo.
Advanced Technician Diploma
1990 - 1992
|• Sub-sea equipment operations and Flow Assurance, USA
• Basic Instrumentation, Shell Robert Training Centre, USA
• • Control Room Operations, Petrochemical Operations Training Services Chester UK
• • Control Room Operations & Emergencies Certification, ASSET, Aberdeen UK
• • Fire Fighting – Delgado Fire School, New Orleans, USA
• Production Process Operator level 2, RTC and Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana USA
• Process Technician 2, Robert Training Centre Louisiana, USA
• Oil and Gas process NVQ 3, OPITO, UK
|Work either 14/14 or 28/28 shift cycle
Ready to work within and outside Nigeria.
Highly mobile and available within few weeks of offer.