Foreman/coded welder/boilermaker/NDT inspector
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Maintain and improve welding techniques and people to limit defect rates to as low as humanly possible
Welding and fabrication Foreman
• Running of a welding workshop in conjunction with a machining workshop and a field workshop work
of international standards was done for oil and mining companies either on the base or in the field.
• Issuing and control of work by welders which entailed procedures and drawings and quality control
• Production schedule control and maintaining of time frames of jobs
• Control of delivery times and production meetings
• Implementation of Company disciplinary codes and safety codes
• Control of consumables from a main store to a welding store where company procedures were
implemented and maintained by Vetco and South African Bureau of Standards and other inspection
• Liaising with engineering and draughting office to improve delivery times and control costs and also
setting up of welding times and consumables quantities so as to allow for orders to be placed for
consumables not available off the shelf in South Africa.
• Reporting through a manager to a production manager on schedules and cost controlling and time
keeping on jobs.
• Calculation of consumables required and times
• Calculation and setting up of new procedures as and when required by welding engineer
• Daily ordering of gas and machine consumables and replacement of defective parts of welding
• Implementation of pulse mig process into company which cut the welding defect rate from 10% to an acceptable standard of almost 0%.
• Development of a hard facing procedure with GMAW acceptable to the mining companies thereby cutting costs.
• Setting up of a training centre for welding apprentices within Algoa Oil and Pipeline
Projects and fieldwork:
• Sub Sea Seven Projects: Welded 107 Sub Sea bases for FMC to Norsok specs and standards 2004 .
Traveled to Luanda to weld choke and kill lines on the Petro Bras 16 rig
• Sable Gas Project: Welded seven wellheads for Nabors drilling in Mozambique as and when needed and was instrumental in keeping staying for longer periods due to the quality of work as seen by rig superintendent Kevin Leddy,this led to trips of a month instead of only welding the wellheads as originally planned. Original plan was to fly in as and when the wellheads needed to be welded, six months of fabrication work was the eventual result.
Durban Technical College
Course Completed : National Technical Certificate Level 1, 2 and 3
Subjects Completed : Maths, Science, Welding Theory, Plating and Structural
Date Completed : 1986
Name of Institution :
Course Completed :Olifantsfontein Welding Trade Test (Government Recognized)
Date Completed : 1986
Name of Institution : South African school of non destructive testing
Degree/Diploma Completed :Level one and two Magnetic particle and Dye-penetrant inspection
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Surge Vessel - PAA Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Health, Safety and Environment
Oil Field Services