mechanical engineer, 1 year experience in marine
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 1 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To join an organization, where i can imbibe the right professional skills, grow and contribute effectively towards achieving the organizational goals and thus, make myself synonymous with the organization
Designation: Trainee Marine Engineer
Reporting to: 2nd Engineer & Chief Engineer
• Studied about operation and maintenance of the composite boilers (4-10 bar)
• Carried out Boiler water Test through the boiler water test kit.
• Operation & maintenance of main (2-stroke slow speed engine) and auxiliary engine (900 rpm) and their associated equipments. Studied the causes and prevention of crank case explosion, scavenge fire, fire-fighting and control.
• Worked with the lifting & shifting equipments like overhead cranes (5 T Capacity)
• Operating the power & pneumatic tools, machining (Centre Lathe machine, 4-Chuck) milling, shaping, drilling machines and Grinders, Pipe Cutters.
• Maintenance of Globe v/v, Gate v/v, SDNR v/v.
• Understanding & Operating the Centrifugal pump, Mono-Screw pump, Gear pump, Reciprocating pump. Use of appropriate tools for fabrication and repair operations typically performed on the equipments.
• Use of hand & power tools and measuring instruments for dismantling, maintenance, repair and re-assembly of shipboard plant and equipments
• Tracing and operating the valves of the HFO pipeline, DO Pipeline, Sludge Pipeline, Cooling Water Pipeline, Bilge System, FO Supply System, Distilled Water System, LO System, Starting Air System, Compressed Air System
• Logging the temperatures, pressures and running hours of the Main Engine, Auxiliary Engine, LO coolers, LT coolers, HT coolers, FWG, Tanks, Cold Rooms, Boiler, HFO in the Company Log Book and analyze them with reference to the Standard Values and report it to the 2nd Engineer
• Calculations for Safe Bunkering (Sounding & Ullage)
• Maintenance and Cleaning of the LO and FO filters (Duplex) of the Auxiliary engine, filters of the bilge and sludge system, HFO and DO transfer system
• Familiarized with basic welding processes, carried out welding of Single V-butt joint, Fillet joint & Lap joint using Electric Arc Welding (AC & DC)
• Familiarized with Gas Cutting and Welding Torch and learned the operation of equipments viz. isolating valves, flash back arrestor, igniting the torch and flame adjustment as per requirements, carried out gas cutting on mild steel plate, angle, c-bar, pipeline
• Code of Safe working Practices.
• B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering from KURUKSHETRA UNIVERSITY (2006-2010)
• Passed Certification for Machinery Maintenance Skill Enhancement Programme- Module I Course by DNV's Standard, Netherlands from AEMTC, Mumbai
• Passed Certification for Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting by DNV's Standard, Netherlands from T.S. Rahaman, Mumbai
• Passed Certification for Oil Tanker Familiarization approved by IRQS, Accredited by The Dutch Council for Accreditation by NAVAL MARITIME ACADEMY, MUMBAI.
• Passed Certification for Personal Safety And Social Responsibilities by DNV's Standard, Netherlands from AEMTC, Mumbai
• Passed (10+2) (C.B.S.E.) from AIR FORCE SCHOOL, AMBALA CANTT
• Passed (10th) (STATE BOARD) from HIM SHIKHA HIGH SCHOOL, AMBALA CANTT.
Oil Treating & Refining
Surge Vessel - Bladder Type
Surge Vessel - Compressor Type
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Sourcing & Procurement