Indonesia Awards 14 Oil and Gas BlocksSource: Reuters 5/13/2010, Location: Asia
Indonesia has awarded 14 oil and gas blocks to firms including Spanish giant Repsol and a consortium of Talisman Energy Inc and Thailand's PTT Exploration and Production PTTE.BK, an official said.
The move is part of Indonesia's efforts to boost investment and oil and gas reserves in future as current production dwindle. Indonesia has turned into a net importer of crude oil in recent years as production has slumped after a failure to tap new fields fast enough. The country has been offering new exploration rights and financial incentives for oil fields in a bid to stem a steady decline in production.
"There are potential of oil and gas reserves in those 14 areas that we have awarded, but we have to wait until they conduct exploration," Edy Hermantoro, the upstream director at the energy ministry, told reporters.
"Indonesia is still attractive to foreign firms as there are many foreign companies who have now won tenders," he added. Following are the names of the oil and gas blocks that have been awarded and the companies:
- Cendrawasih Bay II, offshore Papua, Repsol and Niko Asia
- Cendrawasih Bay III, offshore Papua, Repsol and Black Gold
- Cendrawasih Bay IV, offshore Papua, Repsol and Black Gold
- South Mandar, offshore Makassar Strait, Talisman and PTTEP
- Sadang, offshore Makassar Strait, Talisman and PTTEP
- South Sageri, offshore Makassar Strait, Talisman and PTTEP
- Malunda, offshore Makassar Strait, PTTEP
- Puri, onshore South Sumatra, local firm PT Sargas
- Sakakemang, onshore South Sumatra, local firm Cakra Nusa Darma
- Sunda Strait I, offshore West Java, Komodo Energy and Niko Resources
- North Madura, offshore East Java Sea, Baruna Recovery Energy and Australia's AWE
- Mandala, offshore East Java, local firm Bumi Hasta Mukti and Fortune
- Karapan, offshore East Java, PT Leogryph Indonesia
- Long Hubung, Long Bangun, onshore Kutai, PT Kalisat Energi Nusantara
Oil Field Services News in Indonesia >>
Russia >> 4/27/2017 - Data from the Federal State Statistics Service showed that Russia’s GDP has returned to growth territory in 4Q16 after seven consecutive quarters of c...
China >> 4/23/2017 - China National Offshore Oil Company, or CNOOC, issued a tender offering domestic and foreign companies to bid for 10 coal bed methane blocks in the co...
Thailand >> 4/6/2017 - Total oil production of developing countries (DCs) is estimated to decline by 80 tb/d y-o-y to average 12.23 mb/d in 2016, revised down by 20 tb/d com...
Russia >> 12/8/2016 - Glencore notes the announcement released by the Russian government regarding the privatization of shares in Rosneft. ...
Cleaning Equipment, Services
Land & Leasing
Oil & Gas Companies
Transportation, 4X4 Trucks
Water Supply Services
Related Articles: Camp Building Cleaning Equipment, Services Communication Corrosion Products/Services Development Exploration General Labor Services Land & Leasing Mine Clearance Oil & Gas Companies Production Service Companies Transportation, 4X4 Trucks Utility Systems Water Supply Services Welding Products/Services
|Indonesia Oil & Gas 1 >> 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 ||