Exploration: News for Oil & Gas and Hydrocarbon Industries  Membership Services »
Gulf Oil and Gas grow your business
Home News Events Projects Tenders Unconventionals Community | My Account
Products and vendors Services and providers Jobs

Eni Announces Jangkrik - Gas Discovery in Indonesia

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 6/23/2010, Location: Asia

Share |

Eni has successfully appraised the Jangkrik gas discovery in offshore Indonesia, in the Muara Bakau PSC, Kutei Basin, East Kalimantan.

The Jangkrik-2 appraisal well is located approximately 70 kilometers from the coast of Indonesia and has been drilled to 2449 m in 425m of water depth. The well encountered more than 80m of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene age.

This result significantly increases the field estimate of recoverable resources , with respect to the discovery well. During the Jangkrik 2 production test, the well produced high quality gas at a tubing constrained rate of 17.5 MMscfd.

Eni, through its Indonesian subsidiary, is the operator of Muara Bakau PSC with a 55% interest, with GDF Suez holding the remaining 45% interest in the project.

Following this successful result, the joint venture plan is to proceed quickly with the assessment of the technical and commercial viability of a fast-track development of the gas of the Jangkrik field that will be routed to the Bontang LNG plant.

Overall, in Indonesia, Eni holds working interests in twelve permits, and operates six of them. The offshore activities are located in the Tarakan and Kutei Basins, offshore Kalimantan, north of Sumatra and West Timor. In the Kutei basin, Eni is also participating in the development of the significant gas reserves located in the Ganal and Rapak blocks.

Other activities are located in the Mahakam River Delta, East Kalimantan, where Eni has an equity production of approximately 20,000 boed and has recently been awarded an interest in Sanga Sanga CBM, a new coal-bed methane production sharing contract (PSC) through its operated joint venture affiliate VICO CBM Limited (Eni 50%, BP 50%). The Sanga Sanga project would be the first LNG plant in the world to be supplied by CBM.

Exploration News in Indonesia >>

Range Finalises 2015 Work Programme and Budget on the St Mary’s Block
  Trinidad and Tobago >>  5/21/2015 - Range is pleased to announce that following the inaugural Operating Committee meeting held earlier this month with Joint Operating partner, the State ...
ExxonMobil Provides Significant Oil Discovery Offshore Guyana
  Guyana >>  5/20/2015 - Exxon Mobil Corporation announced a significant oil discovery on the Stabroek Block, located approximately 120 miles offshore Guyana. ...

Rockhopper Provides Updates in Isobel Deep & Mediterranean
  Falkland Islands >>  5/19/2015 - Rockhopper Exploration plc, the oil and gas exploration and production company with interests in the North Falkland Basin and the Greater Mediterranea...
Iran to Tender 17 Oil & Gas Blocks
  Iran >>  5/19/2015 - Iran plans to put a tender for 17 newly explored oil and gas blocks as the country prepares to unveil a new type of oil contracts, a top official said...

MOL Makes New Discovery in Pakistan & Enters DG Khan Block
  Pakistan >>  5/19/2015 - MOL Group announces a new commercial discovery from the MOL operated exploration well Mardan Khel-1 in the TAL Block. In addition, MOL has signed a fa...
Erin Energy Receives Government Approval for License Extension in Gambia
  Gambia >>  5/15/2015 - Erin Energy Corporation (Erin Energy) has received executive approval to extend the initial exploration period for blocks A2 and A5 in The Gambia by 2...



Related Categories: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  Food Supplies  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Unskilled Labors  Utility Systems  Waste Disposal  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 

Related Articles: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Utility Systems  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 


Indonesia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

More News

Oil & Gas Companies in Indonesia >>

Related Links

Countries Quick Links

AZ BD BN CN GE ID IN IR JP KR KZ MM MN MY PG PH PK RU SG TH TJ TM TW UA UZ VN
Gulf Oil and Gas B2B marketplace:   About -  Advertising -  Competitive Intelligence -  Talent Solutions -  Membership Services Follow us on Facebook
Copyright © Universal Solutions All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. - Contact Us  Gulfoilandgas rss feed