LONDON & ABERDEEN â€“ The GVF-EMP Partnership Oil & Gas Communications Conference Series continues on 16th and 17th May 2012 with its 15th event.
In recognition of this important milestone the Partnership has announced the continuation of its offer to the hydrocarbons sector of complimentary, free-of-charge, conference registration for Oil/ Gas field Operators; Drillers, Shipping & Transportation companies; Support Vessel owners; Rig Owners/Operators; IT/IS/ICT/Telecoms, Connectivity & Networks/Procurement specialists.
A€?GVF Oil & Gas Communications - Europe, North Sea, Arctic Ocean and the Atlantic Margin 2012: Digital Applications & Communications Dynamics in Mature & Emergent Fieldsâ€™ will be the 5th event to take place in Aberdeen, and as well as focusing on the more established topics related to the mature fields of the North Sea and the Arctic Ocean, will also now incorporate a focus on the communications implications for the hydrocarbons potential of the North Atlantic margin.
The Aberdeen programme will be presented in association with Series Sponsor Harris CapRock, and with Intelsat, Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Arqiva, Eutelsat, Hermes Datacomms, Comtech EF Data, and C-COM Satellite Systems.
The event organizers are pleased this year to be able to welcome to the first day of the conference programme a representative of Riverbed Technology who will focus on the importance of wide area network optimization in oil and gas exploration and production.
The two-day programme at the Aberdeen Marriott Hotel, Dyce, Aberdeen, will include presentations focusing on the following subject areas:
The Analysts View of the Future Evolution of Oil & Gas Patch Communications:
- Global SatComs Trends in the European Sphere
- 21st Century Oil & Gas ICT: Evolving Networking
- Communications & Digital Applications Deployment
- Global Satellite Operators in Northern Latitudes Oil & Gas: Planning Capacity Provision & Deploying Service Supply for E&P Efficiency Maximization
- Communications at the Cutting-Edge: Leveraging the Ka-Band Advantage in E&P
- VSAT & Wireless Connectivity in the Energy Sector: A Gas Network Case Study & Analysis
- The Remote Application of Auto-Deploy Antenna Technology for Oil & Gas
- New Satcom Capacity Business Models: Achieving More bang per Buck (or Barrel)!
- Oil & Gas Communications in Extreme Environments: Case Studies
- The WAN Optimization Imperative for Oil & Gas E&P
- â€?SatCommunityâ€™: Communications Solutions for O&G Corporate Social Responsibility
- New Features in Digital Oilfield Applications Collaboration: Where does Cloud-over-Satellite Networking fit?
- Hydrocarbon Hunger & Environmental Impact: Licensing & Regulation in European & Emerging Arctic & Atlantic Margin Oil & Gas E&P
- Oil, Gas & Communications Spectrum: Interference Challenges & Challenging Interference
- Satellite Networking in an Evolving Oil & Gas Footprint: Present & Future Generations of Communications Infrastructure & Pushing the E&P Satcoms Horizon to the New Arctic Frontier
- SCADA & Asset Tracking for Oil & Gas in L, C, Ku & Ka Satellite Bandwidth Communications Environments and will feature speakers from the following organizations: Harris CapRock | Intelsat | Eutelsat | Arqiva | Telenor Satellite Broadcasting.
| C-COM Satellite Systems | Comtech EF Data | Hermes Datacomms | Riverbed Technology | Gilat Satellite Networks | Northern Sky Research (NSR) | Access Partnership | and others.
In addition, GVF will address the following from the perspective of key facets of its programme activities that relate to the energy sector:
â€?SatCommunityâ€™: Communications Solutions for O&G Corporate Social Responsibility, and Communications Spectrum: Interference Challenges & Challenging Interference.
The â€?SatCommunityâ€™ session will highlight the very latest GVF collaboration with companies from the oil & gas and mining sectors, as well as other organizations working to advance the effective delivery of energy sector CSR obligations in remote regions where local communities can benefit from the extension of access to satellite communications.
The Communications Spectrum session will examine various GVF-led strategies to mitigate satellite radio frequency interference issues as they affect not only the hydrocarbons exploration and exploitation sector, but also the broader range of satellite communications solutions end-user verticals.
Full Details of the programme and speaker line-up for â€?GVF Oil & Gas Communications - Europe, North Sea, Arctic Ocean and the Atlantic Margin 2012:Digital Applications & Communications Dynamics in Mature & Emergent Fieldsâ€™ in Aberdeen may be viewed at www.uk-emp.co.uk/15th.O&G.Comms.Eu.AB.2012/.
GVF Oil & Gas Conference Series Chairman Martin Jarrold can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Paul Stahl, Managing Partner of EMP can be contacted at email@example.com.