Lead Health, Safety, Security & Environment Advisor
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 7 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Assist Operations or projects to establish systems and procedure to ensure safe operations or completion of projects.
Jan.02 - Present
HSSE Advisor in BG Group (Tunisia). BG Group leader in Natural Gas. My main responsibility is To provide a quality HSSE advisory service to management, contractors and staff on:
• Formulating and developing Health Safety and Environment policies for existing and planned activities;
• Promoting a positive safety culture and securing the effective implementation of Health, Safety and Environment policy throughout BG Tunisia;
• Planning for Health, Safety and Environment including the setting of realistic short- and long-term objectives, deciding priorities and establishing adequate systems and performance standards;
• Day-to-day implementing and monitoring of policy and plans including accident and incident investigation, reporting and analysis
• Reviewing of performance and auditing of the entire Health, Safety, and Environment management system
My main duties are:
• Participate in the development of detailed annual HSE Plans and advise all the departments in defining their annual HSE targets.
• Develop or review SHE systems and procedures to continuously improve HSE performance.
• Prepare the management team SHEMS review activity to cover the necessary elements of HSE performance.
• Introduce new tools such as behavioural based safety process to improve HSE performance
• Organise or give in-house training on key aspects of risk management.
• Advise the workforce and their line management on the implementation of new systems and procedures.
• Propose and/or Promote new initiatives to improve staffs understanding and implementation of SHEMS procedures and systems.
• Advise the company on the implementation requirements of local HSE law and regulations. Develop a working relationship with the local authorities to achieve the necessary understanding of legal requirements.
• Collect, evaluate and report information and statistics on incidents, near misses, ill health, damage to the environment or the assets, man hours and lost time accidents, for continuous Safety, Health and Environment improvements. Also lead or assists in investigations and reports on incidents and accidents as directed.
Aug. 01- Dec.01
Worked with an olive oil producing company as production and maintenance engineer responsible for production as well as managing preventive and corrective maintenance.
June 2001 Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis on structure design during the last year.
Sep 98-June 01 Full time higher education in mathematics, physics and technical studies (both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering) with an emphasis on structure calculation during the last year.
Sep.96 – Jun. 98 Preparatory Institute for Engineering and Technical Studies, Sfax. Succeeded in national examination to enter the Sfax Engineering School.
June 1996 Baccaloreate in << MATH >> with Honours
NEBOSH certificate in health and safety
Preparing for Certificate in Management with Chartered Managment Institute.
Fluent in reading, writing and speaking of Arabic (Native Language), French (Second language in the country) and English (third language in the country and first language in the last six years of work in BG Group).
- Fishing with some practicing
- Spending time with my son
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services