Oil & Gas Companies: News for Oil & Gas and Hydrocarbon Industries  Membership Services »
Gulf Oil and Gas grow your business
Home News Events Projects Tenders Unconventionals Community | My Account Gulfoilandgas rss feed Follow us on Facebook  Jobs 
Products and vendors Services and providers Oil & Gas Software and publications

Santos Signs Gas Sale & Purchase Agreement with Wesfarmers

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 4/13/2010, Location: Not categorized

Share |

Santos announced that it has signed a Gas Sale and Purchase Agreement with Wesfarmers Energy (Gas Sales) Limited for the supply of up to 60 petajoules of gas over more than five years.

The gas will be sourced from the John Brookes gas field offshore Western Australia and processed at the Varanus Island gas hub. Supply will commence in the second half of 2010.

This contract will be solely supplied by Santos from its share of John Brookes’ production. Santos has a 45 per cent non-operating interest in the John Brookes gas field, with operator Apache Energy holding the other 55 per cent stake.

Wesfarmers extracts LPG from the Dampier to Bunbury transmission pipeline for domestic and export markets, as it has done since 1988. Wesfarmers purchases gas to replace energy content it takes from the pipeline, to ensure the fulfilment of gas supply to other pipeline users.

“We are pleased to build on our important relationship with Wesfarmers in Western Australia” said John Anderson, Santos Vice President Western Australia & Northern Territory.

Oil & Gas Companies News in Australia >>

Tanker Market - April 14
Australia >>  4/10/2014 - Dirty tanker freight rates continued to decline, with the drop in dirty spot freight rates mainly affecting the VLCC class in March, while Suezmax an...
Kentz Awarded $570m Contract for the Ichthys LNG Project
Australia >>  4/7/2014 - Kentz Corporation Limited, the holding company of the Kentz engineering and construction group, is pleased to announce the award of an AUS$615m (US$57...

Azonto Appoints Gert-Jan Smulders as Technical Director
Australia >>  3/19/2014 - Azonto Petroleum Ltd announces the appointment of Mr. Gert-Jan Smulders as Technical Director, effective from early May 2014. ...
CB&I Awarded a $625 m Contract in Australia
Australia >>  3/18/2014 - CB&I announced it has been awarded a contract by Bechtel valued in excess of US$625 million (approximately A$690 million) to provide structural, mecha...

Related Categories: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Land & Leasing  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Utility Systems  Welding Products/Services 

Related Articles: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Utility Systems  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 

Australia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |

More News

Oil & Gas Companies in Australia >>

Related Links

Countries Quick Links

Gulf Oil and Gas E-Marketplace - Promote your Business - About Us
Copyright © Universal Solutions All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. - Contact Us