Penspen awarded project management services by Kuwait Gulf Oil Company for Gas and Condensate Export System
The Penspen Group has been engaged by the Kuwait Gulf Oil Company to project manage the detailed design and construction of a new Gas and Condensate Export System (GCES) from Khafji in Saudi Arabia, on the Kuwait/Saudi Arabia border, to Kuwait. Penspen will manage EPC contractor Technip.
The project objective is to deliver condensate and gas product to Kuwait from Saudi Arabia, assist in reducing gas flaring, and recover valuable hydrocarbon resources.
The new export system will include:
· Gas facilities carrying 40 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscfd) of gas via pipeline to Kuwait.
· 110 kilometres of 12-inch diameter export pipeline, of which approximately 47 kilometres will be offshore.
Penspen will project manage the following:
· Technip's Detailed Design work
· Technip's procurement activities
· The construction as undertaken by Technip and its sub contractors
Penspen will also assist with the commissioning of the final scheme.
Penspen's Director of Contracting and Project Management Services, Chris Williams, said, "We are delighted to have been awarded this PMS contract by KGOC, with whom we have developed an excellent working relationship built-up over the last two years. We very much look forward to working on this export system as it gives us exciting opportunities to develop our PMS skills and experience in this project in Kuwait, building on our six years of work carried out on projects in Khafji itself."