Deputy Director (Technical), Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources, Government of Pakistan
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 4 years
Relocation: Yes - Domestically
To achieve distinction of an expert in energy sector of the world
• Preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies related to Natural Gas.
• Preparation of policy guidelines for LPG and CNG sectors to be implemented by Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority and monitoring of their implementation status.
• Determination of well head gas prices for different gas producing fields.
• Determination of natural gas retail prices for different classes of consumers like domestic, commercial, industrial, fertilizer.
• Preparation of replies to the audit queries raised by audit department on operation of different gas companies.
• Evaluation/approval of Natural Gas Sales and Purchase agreements between gas producers and marketers/consumers.
• Execution of Natural Gas pricing agreements between the Government of Pakistan and gas producers.
• Coordination with OGRA, CIDA, World Bank, All Ministries, Provincial Governments, Foreign Missions, Planning Commission and other agencies.
• Implementation of Prime Minister/President/Cabinet directives.
• Preparation of briefs/summaries for the President, Prime Minister, Minister, Secretary, Cabinet, the ECC and the DG Gas etc. Providing/reviewing incentives to LPG producers, marketing companies and would be investors to meet the targets/goals set for growth of the industry.
• Operation and Maintenance of LPG database about productions, supply, sale, import and infrastructure.
• Issuing of import authorization for exemption of duty on import of equipment and release of indemnity bonds under relevant SRO.
• Conducting studies through donor agencies for determining long-term LPG demand and supply, natural gas demand-supply, rationalizing gas tariffs and introducing common carrier, common operator and common access regime in the gas sector of the country.
Examination passed Year Division Board/University Subjects
SSC 1992 First R.B.I.S.E. Sciences
F.Sc. 1994 First F.B.I.S.E. Math. Phy. Chem.
B.Sc. 1996 First Punjab University Math. Phy. Chem.
M.Sc. 1999 First Quaid-i-Azam University Geophysics.
„X Completed a certificate course on Energy Economics by LUMS through CIDA.
„X completed three months certificate course on econometrics from Quaid-i-Azam University through CIDA.
the main function of my job is policy making related to natural gas, LPG, LNG,and CNG. we study the demand and supply data of these energy sectors, prepare reports and then formulate policies. in the natural gas sector we also implement the policies and regulate certain activities like retail prices. any job in the oil and gas sector related to research, business develpment and policy changes will be preferable for me.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services