SENIOR COST ENGINEER (COST ESTIMATION / CONTROL)
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 10 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
- Cost studies, estimate and control for various types of projects.
- Cost data base systems initiation using various types of database engines.
- Planning of various types of projects.
- Supporting project team with schedule, progress report.
1. Prepares cost estimates of labor, material, and equipment by reviewing preliminary and final drawings, specifications, or plans for various kinds of construction, alterations, and demolition projects and making detailed cost take-offs, detects errors and discrepancies in drawings and specifications..
2. Reviews and studies engineering drawings of projects to ascertain their scope and size and to recommend revisions or alterations to the engineering designs or types of materials detailed in the specifications in order to minimize costs without diminishing the utility or compromising the functional ability of the construction.
3. Determines separate costs for each major item of a project in terms of equipment, materials, and manpower requirements; estimates include direct costs such as labor materials, supplies, plan and equipment, subcontract costs, indirect costs, etc.
4. Prepares comparative estimates of alternatives and materials; suggests most effective course of action.
5. Reviews unit cost prices submitted by bidders and makes recommendations for their acceptance and rejection.
6. Prepares tentative estimates for projects from sketches and verbal narrative descriptions.
7. Assists in the preparation of cost estimates in connection with feasibility studies and quantity surveys.
8. Assists in organizing meetings supplying data to contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers for cost information and in order to resolve cost differences; establishes and maintains effective line of communication with material and equipment sales representatives.
9. Prepares cost estimates of change orders and supplementals to ensure estimates submitted by the contractors and subcontractors are accurate and within current market price standards.
10. Negotiates directly with contractors over discrepancies in cost estimates in order to reach mutual agreement on price issues
11. Performs detailed research to obtain pertinent pricing information through contacting manufacturers and vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Contd
12. Calculates monthly and final payments to be made to contractors based on bid data and construction progress supplied by Construction Inspectors; sets up cost analyses of completed construction jobs.
University : Cairo University.
Faculty : Engineering.
Department : Mechanical Design and Production.
Graduation Date : July 1997.
Final Grade : Good, (72.22%).
B. Sc. Project : Production of dental waxes using extrusion machine.
The project includes the following:
- Mechanical design for all machine elements Ex. (Extruder, die, piston, etc.).
- Design the hydraulic circuit required to drive the extrusion system including the hydraulic control elements.
- Manufacture all machine parts using different types of machining operations Ex. (Turning, drilling, planning, grinding, etc).
Project Grade : Distinction.
Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, Power Point and Access).
Primavera, Microsoft project.
Computer Model for Feasibility Study (COMFAR).
Effective communication skills workshop.
Effective meeting workshop.
Time management workshop.
Organizational behavior workshop.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services