This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 8 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Desire a Challenging Position as Chemical Engineer with great deal of experience in many aspects of refinery production, operation, research & design, as well as in the commissioning and erection of industrial plants.
Project Experience at DHDS and Asphalt Air Blowing Unit:
I am working as project engineer at DHDS Diesel Hydro-Desulferizing Unit, Solvent De-Asphalting and Asphalt Air Blowing Unit at the MCR. Other Projects
• Design online blending facility for the addition of additives for JP-8 production at MCR.
• Design Red Dye powder injection facility at Motor gasoline blending unit.
• Revamping of the gas concentration unit, resulting increased the unit capacity from 110% to 140% capacity.
• Detailed study of the Products pipeline operation and optimization.
• Core member of a team responsible of the cleaning of crude oil tanks.
• Extra product inventories build up project for continuous supply during Turn Around was studied and implemented for Motor Gasoline and diesel.
• Solved wet gas compressor knockout vessel level control problem at Gas Concentration Unit by implementing modification to avoid the flaring, which resulted in saving of 1.5 ton LPG per day.
• Performed debottlencek study enabling a successful Performance Test of Crude Distillation at 120%, vacuum distillation unit at 104%, Visbreaking at 115%, Gas Concentration unit 135% of the design throughput.
• Supervision of Test runs of crude distillation unit at lower top temperature, operation below turndown ratio, operation with maximum percentage of lighter crude oils i.e. Murban and local crude in crude-mix.
• Evaluation of different crude oils according to refinery configuration with respect to Product yields, qualities and overall profitability.
• Compiled many comprehensive reports on different sever problems faced during daily operation of the units after analyzing the problems. These reports helped in resolving the problems.
• Core Member of a team which prepared an in-house dynamic data modules enabling provision of DCS real time data to the desktop PC’s thus enabling optimization of process units through remote monitoring.
• Member of the team responsible for successful implementation of Honeywell’s “Uniformance”, a Process History Database (PHD) system.
• Prepare procedures for implementation Integrated Management System IMS comprises of three international standards certificates i.e. ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:1999.
Level Of Education Institute Major Subjects %age Cumulative Grade
S.S.C Govt. Pilot Secondary School Multan Science 79% A
H.S.S.C Govt. College Multan, Pakistan Pre-Engg 77% A
1 B.Sc Chemical Engineering from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore Pakistan.
B.Sc Engg First Year Second Year Third Year Final Year
Year Of Commencement 1995 1997 1998 1999
Percentage 66% 76% 79% 81.3%
Grade B A A A+
Acquired degree in October 1999 in A+ grade, securing 4th Merit Position in the Department.
2 M.Sc Chemical Engineering from University of Engineering & Technology Lahore Pakistan.
2 years Part Time Study Program which is expected to complete in Ist Quarter 2008. All Papers have been cleared. Final thesis work is in progress.
Special Abroad Training:
I got training on Refinery Operational Management held at Japan, under the head of Cosmo Oil Company Limited, in the coordination with Japan Cooperation Center, Petroleum (JCCP). The training Period was from May-08 to June 09, 2007. During the training we got tremendous experience about Light Naphtha Isomerization, Heavy oil cracking, Reformate Debenzene unit Flare Recovery system, Crude oil Washing/Cleaning (COW) and Energy Conservation of Refinery.
Computer & Software
1 MS Excel, MS-Word, MS- Power Point.
2 MS Windows 98, 2000, NT & XP Platforms.
3 Aspen Tech Hysys V 3.2
4 WinSim Design II ver8.54
5 Chemstations’s Chemcad 5.2
6 MS-Visio Professional/Technical.
7 MS-Front Page & HTML for Web Page Design.
8 Installation of Operating systems besides trouble shooting software related problems.
9 Internet with all the major internet applications like Audio and Video conference, Text Chat, E-mail, Data transfer, Browsing
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services