Lead Instrumentation Technician Oil & Gas rigs
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
I have passed 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering course passed in 1984 from kerala, India, and I have 23 years experience in Instrumentation and Electrical equipments with fuel plants and Oil & Gas rigs.
Experience in Saudi Arabia (1992 to till now)
2006 March – till in NABORS DRILLING CO. LTD
As Senior Instrumentation Technician (Oil / Gas) Land Rig
Duties and Responsibilities.
1) Provides technical support to (Total Rigs 33, Capacity 750klb-3000klb) rig operations by trouble shooting any related problems on the following instrumentation system.
EPOCH RIG WATCH SYSTEM FOR WELL CONTROL
NET WORKING FOR RIG WATCH MONITOR
FIXED GAS MONITORING SYSTEM H2S & LEL
BREATHING APPARTUS(Scott, Diablo ,dragger, sabre)
GAITRONICS PAGING/PARTY LINE SYSTEM
ACCADEMY CROWN SAVER SYSTEM & CAMERA SYSTEM.
2) Performs repair & calibration on the following instrumentation sensors:
Hydraulic pressure transducers, current sensor, pit probe sensors/level transmitters, flow transmitters, Encoders for block height , crown saver for breaking system ,RPM, Torque, Pump Stroke Counters, Hook Load Sensors, Auto Drill Controls etc.
3) Performs rig up and rig down on those instrumentation systems.
Conduct preventive maintenance to established reliability of the system during rig operations.
4) Performs installation and commissioning of instrumentation system for the new rig and during rehabilitation of old rig.
5) Rig up and rig down of sensor cables & net working cables.
6) Performed trouble shooting of computer data acquisition systems, computer hard ware & soft ware, Driller’s work station, Imaging and loading soft wares.
7) Rig up and Rig down of Solas airlines, manifolds, breathing apparatus and the maintenance of air compressor, gas alarm control panels Zellweger, Dectcon, Pemtech.
8) Servicing and maintenance of safety equipments and hand held gas detectors.
9) Repair / calibrations of H2S & LEL sensors ( Zellweger, pemteh & Dectcon )
10) Repair & Maintenance of camera & crown saver for breaking systems.
Higher Secondary Course Passed from Catholicate High School/Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta, Kerala State.
3 Years Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course Passed in 1985 from Kerala Govt:-Poly Technic, Kalamacherry
Course Completed:- * HSE Training Course Passed from Abu Dhabi
*Defensive Driving Test Passed from Nabors Arabia
*H2S Gas Training Course Passed from Solas Marin Services, Dubai.
Total working Experience
23 years (7 years experience in India +16 years Experience in Saudi Arabia)
Yes, license # 6790739, Saudi Arabia
Computer Literacy :-Maintenance & Repair of Computer Hardware & Software
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services