QC Inspector Welding
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 11 years
Relocation: Yes - Domestically
A challenging career as a Quality Control person to monitor the constructional activities to ensure all requirements of construction, fabrication and final product are met in accordance with client’s specification and international standards.
Ø Professional Abilities:
· Well versed in stage-wise inspection for fabrication of Pressure Vessels, Columns as per client specification & International codes of practice.
· Well conversant with inspection of Steel Structures as per AWS D1.1.
· Familiar with inspection activities of U stamped & Repair Vessels.
· Well conversant with inspection of incoming welding & construction materials.
· Has dealt with various third party inspection authorities & Authorized Inspector.
· Well experienced in documentation of Quality records, Inspection reports and Quality plans.
· Well conversant with welding methods like SMAW, SAW, GTAW, FCAW & GMAW.
· Familiar with welding procedures qualification and welder performance qualification.
· Has knowledge of Heat treatment methods; making HT instruction.
· Familiar with Dished-end inspection.
· Knowledge of NDE techniques like PT, MT & RT and interpretation of the same.
· Can prepare & execute Quality assurance/control plan.
· Has dealt with machining and inspection of forged & machined components, flanges, Anchor bolts etc.
· Has knowledge of Re-tubing of Heat Exchanger tube Bundle; Refinery shut down work.
· Familiar with stage wise & assembly inspection of Power Transmission Towers and Steel Structures as per AWS D 1.1
· Acquainted with inspection of Hot Dip Galvanized items.
Ø Scholastic Data:
Passed Matriculation Examination in the year 1993 through Board of Secondary Education in Maharashtra, India with a distinction (aggregate of 83%)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Board of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, India with First Class (61% of marks in aggregates)
Ø Welding Inspector Course; CSWIP-3.1:
Completed on 18/11/2007 from TWI UK through WATSCO Kolkata; Result is awaited.
Ø Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Qualification:
Certified as ASNT level –II in
· Radiography Testing,
· Liquid Penetrant Testing &
· Magnetic Particle Testing.
Ø Duties & Responsibilities in Present company:
· Preparation of Inspection & Test Plan as per approved Drawing & project specification.
· Selection of available Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) & Procedure Qualification Record (PQR) w. r. t. job.
· Making list of welders going to weld with respect to job and to issue it production.
· Preparation and Qualification of Welding Procedure & Welders wherever required.
· Monitoring of production activities.
· Inspection of Raw material & welding consumables and making Traceability Report for it.
· Reviewing of Mill test certificates with respect to codes of practice & project specification.
· Stage inspection of Pressure Vessels, tanks & columns like:
Fit-up inspection, NDE of welds, Weld visual inspection, Dimensional inspection, Nozzle pad Leak test , Hydro-test Inspection & Final painting inspection.
· Making stage inspection reports.
· Interpretation & Evaluation of Weld Radiographs.
· Preparing Weld Map & Maintaining Master Weld Record.
· Co-ordinating with Clients, TPI’s & AI for inspection.
· Making Heat treatment instruction report.
· In addition to this, inspection of machined items like Flanges, Anchor bolts, U-Bolts etc.
· Inspection of Galvanized items & issuance of Galvanizing certificate.
· Making final data folder of equipment.
· Monitoring calibration of measuring instrument, gauges and welding machines.
· Keeping records of non-conformance.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services